just back from the triumph

tinna2000

i had a wonderful time, this was my first cruise and i had a blast!!!!:D i think i am hooked. i will post a review tomorrow, if you have any questions i will be willing to answer them. note: leaving out of new york was not bad al all, i arrived there at 10:15am and was checked-in andthru security and on the ship by 12:15pm, the trick is to go early or 1 hour before the ship was to leave.

Thanks for reporting so soon and I look forward to your review. I had been debating about taking this cruise (I've done it on Victory twice and Triumph once) and last week I received an e-mail from Carnival offering a $100. on-board credit per cabin for the 4 and 5 day Canada cruises from New York if you booked by 6/26. When I called my t.a. I couldn't believe they were also offering an upgrade from 8A to 8D balconies (there was a similar upgrade for the 6A outsides) so I took a balcony cabin on Lido Deck (only 2 were left). We were all booked and paid for by Wednesday for the 8/18 sailing (just needed to clear the time off at our jobs). And it's a good thing we didn't stall. I checked today and all outsides (with and without balconies) are sold out. This will be my first balcony on a Carnival (had them on Celebrity, Princess and NCL) so I'm looking forward to this cruise.

Hi Tinna

Glad you had a great cruise. Now, for the down side--getting adjusted to your routine again. It took me about 3 days to feel normal again. It sure was nice not having to do laundry, wash dishes, cook and clean for 6 days--but you do have to come back to reality.

KarenConley

I've been on the Victory twice and on Glory (which is identical to Valor). The ships are very similar except Valor, which has an extra passenger deck, also has a supper club and the fish and chips bar on the mezzanine level of the buffet area. If memory serves me correctly Valor cabins come with refrigerators whereas Victory cabins do not.

Archived