Celebrity or RCCL in Alaska

All,

We've been thinking of an Alaska cruise. We've sailed both RCCL and Celebrity. Love them both. We are a family of 4 (the kids would be 13 and 11 when we are thinking of Alaska). We have no special requests, etc.

Granted, this is a very subjective and general question, but what are some of your opinions between the lines for an Alaska cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I think first you have to ask yourself whether you want to do a 7-day one way trip or a 7-day roundtrip. Then decide which glaciers you want to visit because this is one of the main reasons for visiting Alaska. Once you have answered those to questions, you can then start checking out itineraries and seeing what fits in to your schedule.

Last year we sailed to Alaska on the Celebrity Century 7-day roundtrip from Vancouver. It was our first time sailing Celebrity and were very impressed with everything about the ship. The itinerary was Vancouver, Sea Day, Icy Strait, Hubbard, Juneau, Ketchikan, Sea Day, Vancouver.

We just returned home on Friday from doing 14-days Vancouver-Seward-Vancouver on the Radiance of the Seas. It was essentially the same itinerary as the Celebrity Cruise we did last year with the exception of the added port of Skagway (which I love).

I'm sure whichever line you decide on, you will have a great time. Alaska is a beautiful state.

All,

We've been thinking of an Alaska cruise. We've sailed both RCCL and Celebrity. Love them both. We are a family of 4 (the kids would be 13 and 11 when we are thinking of Alaska). We have no special requests, etc.

Granted, this is a very subjective and general question, but what are some of your opinions between the lines for an Alaska cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I recently had the same decision to make. My choices were Celebrity Millennium or Radiance of the Seas, both doing the exact same itinerary. I went with Celebrity because it was less expensive.

We had a fabulous cruise, ranking up there with my all time favorites. However, the one thing that could have made it better was a better ship with better activities. Millennium had the same exact entertainment every night, no game show type entertainment, and not one single midnight buffet type party like RCI does on all their cruises.

If I had it all to do over again, I would book RCI over Celebrity. Otherwise, if the evening entertainment/activities aren't all that important to you, Celebrity is fine.

Archived