Orient Express Bus Service in Quebec City

taschr

We are taking the 11 day Explorer of the Seas cruise from Bayonne, NJ on 8 Sep 2013 and debarking in Quebec City on 19 Sep. I have gone to the Orient Express website, but it is in French. I was able to get to their timetable from the bus station near the pier, which showed a 12.30pm departure for the Montreal airport, which is where we are headed. Does anyone know if they require reservations for the trip to the Montreal airport? I've seen in other threads that Orient Express has reservation free service and adds sections as buses fill up for particular departures, but I don't know if this would apply to the Montreal airport run.

I would ask on the Canada forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Do you mean the Orleans shuttle bus ??

Yes, there is a shuttle to the Montreal airport from a bus depot less than a mile from the cruise terminal in Quebec. Living in New England makes no sense to fly to this cruise and Quebec City doesn't have rental cars available for drop off in USA, only Montreal airport.

Yes, there is a shuttle to the Montreal airport from a bus depot less than a mile from the cruise terminal in Quebec.

Yes I am aware of the Orleans shuttle but did not see any for Orient shuttle bus

I am sure one of the locals on the Canada forum can assist you or use google translate to view the website in English

Yes I am aware of the Orleans shuttle but did not see any for Orient shuttle bus

I am sure one of the locals on the Canada forum can assist you or use google translate to view the website in English

Sorry, meant the Orleans Shuttle. Tired today.

Orléans Express site in English: http://www.orleansexpress.com/Search.aspx

As counter-intuitive as it might seem, if you're going to YUL to rent a car, you can rent another one from Québec to drive and return to YUL - it will be cheaper for 2 people.

I already checked that out, have to get to the Quebec airport to rent a car for one way travel to Montreal. Then there's the drop off of the car and shuttle back to the airport to sign for the other car. Too much time. Surprisingly, with the outlandish almost 50% tax on in country rentals, the bus is actually cheaper. The Orient Express station is less than 1 mile from the cruise terminal and an easy taxi connection for the 12.30pm express bus to the Montreal airport - they go right to the terminal at 4pm. Not staying in Montreal, driving from there half way home to Lake George, NY, so the faster I get to and out of Montreal, the better. Planning on being out of the city and on the highway by 5pm.

Archived