Confusion! NCC on <7day cruise?

I should know better, but apparently I do not! :p I'd really appreciate some input on this one.

I bought a NextCruiseCertificate on my last cruise, as I've done before, and not thinking it through at all, I just used it to book an upcoming 4-day getaway cruise with a friend.

I assumed that I'd pay the reduced $100 deposit, which I did, plus the additional $100 for her, and also receive the $100 OBC. I'm just realizing that since this is a shorter cruise, my OBC is only $25. If that's correct, then that means using the NCC that I paid $100 for on a short cruise is... not wise. It actually cost me $75 to do this, as opposed to breaking even.

I've never done this for a short cruise before, so I guess I just never thought it through. GAH! Am I missing something here??? Should I call and cancel and re-assign the NCC to a longer future cruise and just pay full deposit for this shorter one?

My coffee must not be kicking in because I'm feeling very confused this morning about all this! :D

I should know better, but apparently I do not! :p I'd really appreciate some input on this one.

I bought a NextCruiseCertificate on my last cruise, as I've done before, and not thinking it through at all, I just used it to book an upcoming 4-day getaway cruise with a friend.

I assumed that I'd pay the reduced $100 deposit, which I did, plus the additional $100 for her, and also receive the $100 OBC. I'm just realizing that since this is a shorter cruise, my OBC is only $25. If that's correct, then that means using the NCC that I paid $100 for on a short cruise is... not wise. It actually cost me $75 to do this, as opposed to breaking even.

I've never done this for a short cruise before, so I guess I just never thought it through. GAH! Am I missing something here??? Should I call and cancel and re-assign the NCC to a longer future cruise and just pay full deposit for this shorter one?

My coffee must not be kicking in because I'm feeling very confused this morning about all this! :D

Your coffee is not kicking in, because the $100 you spent for the NCC is going towards the cost of the cruise, it's not lost.

You did not loose the $100 you paid for the NCC it was applied to your booking & you get $25 OBC. If you can I would reapply the OBC to a longer cruise $100 for 7 days $150 for 10-14 & $200 for over 15 and you can combine this with a coupon or balcony discount.

Your coffee is not kicking in, because the $100 you spent for the NCC is going towards the cost of the cruise, it's not lost.

You did not loose the $100 you paid for the NCC it was applied to your booking & you get $25 OBC. If you can I would reapply the OBC to a longer cruise $100 for 7 days $150 for 10-14 & $200 for over 15 and you can combine this with a coupon or balcony discount.

You guys are awesome. Looking at my invoice, I do see that the $100 must have been applied as my deposit amount. But good point about getting more OBC if I save this for a longer cruise. My brain totally blanked on not getting the same OBC for a short cruise if I used my NCC.

Now to call RCC and try and switch things around. I guess I'll have to actually choose a future cruise for them to switch the NCC reservation number to? This just forces me to bite the bullet and choose a date for the Quantum. ;)

Thank you SO much for clearing my fog! I'll have another cup of coffee before I call RC.

... I guess I'll have to actually choose a future cruise for them to switch the NCC reservation number to? This just forces me to bite the bullet and choose a date for the Quantum. ;)

Thank you SO much for clearing my fog! I'll have another cup of coffee before I call RC.

Yes, you can't just go back to having the NCC unassigned. Pick any future cruise, it doesn't matter, and then when you've decided on what you really want, switch again.

Yes, you can't just go back to having the NCC unassigned. Pick any future cruise, it doesn't matter, and then when you've decided on what you really want, switch again.

Thanks again, I do want to try and pick a date for Quantum though. It is nice to know that I'm not locked in since that's so far in the future.

Thanks again, I do want to try and pick a date for Quantum though. It is nice to know that I'm not locked in since that's so far in the future.

We use the NCC for the short cruises and just pick up more while we are on it. If your shorty is coming up fairly soon then it is an option.

I see you are D+, so you could use the 25.00 towards Chops or whatever specialty restaurant they might have for the first night BYGO. That's what we do.:D

YOur brain baited you, now you must switch to Quantum....Don't ya hate it when you mind takes over and controls your cruise booking habits?

It would appear you have just taken a Quantum leap into your cruising future!

Bon Voyage!

In looking closer at my invoice, I see that the discount (listed as HAVM?) is for $125. Since my "booking date" is from the time I bought the NCC, 8 months ago, I believe the D+ balcony discount should have been $150. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about this.

So, if I take the NCC off this booking, the booking date become <6 months and my balcony discount becomes $125. Since I'll be buying another NCC on this trip, I think I'll just leave this one as is. Thanks for all the input!

Edit: Just read a bit more and found out that the conversion date determines the 6 months and not the purchase date of the NCC. Oh, well!

Archived