Taking golf clubs on Dawn question?

tammi0916

Hubby is taking his golf clubs on our cruise to Bermuda (tomorrow!!!) and was wondering what others experience has been with giving clubs to porters....or should he consider carrying them on (not my first choice but thought I would ask)

Thanks for the insights!

Tam

My DH used to take his all the time. He had a hard-sided, locking golf "bag" for them (it had wheels on it, so you could roll it).

He never had a problem, except one time some golf balls were missing (but he had those in an outside pocket that was *not* locked).

We also made sure to tip the porter really well when handing over his "babies" :rolleyes: :D

Happy Cruising!

Hubby is taking his golf clubs on our cruise to Bermuda (tomorrow!!!) and was wondering what others experience has been with giving clubs to porters....or should he consider carrying them on (not my first choice but thought I would ask)

Thanks for the insights!

Tam

Hey Tam,

My DH often brings his clubs. We check them with the porter, they are not put on the belt with the luggage but are taken by hand cart with other more fragile objects, then delivered to the cabin.

Hey Tam,

My DH often brings his clubs. We check them with the porter, they are not put on the belt with the luggage but are taken by hand cart with other more fragile objects, then delivered to the cabin.

Thanks! have you had any issues? Did DH put them in a carry bag? my DH has a cover for the top of his bag and was thinking about just using that but just not sure how safe that would be?

T

Thanks! have you had any issues? Did DH put them in a carry bag? my DH has a cover for the top of his bag and was thinking about just using that but just not sure how safe that would be?

T

I suggest getting a hard case for them. Protects the clubs from being wedged in somewhere and bent/broken

Do not rely on the little snap on cover that attaches to bags. Those come lose pretty easily and will dump clubs all over. They also offer no protection other than from rain

I suggest getting a hard case for them. Protects the clubs from being wedged in somewhere and bent/broken

Do not rely on the little snap on cover that attaches to bags. Those come lose pretty easily and will dump clubs all over. They also offer no protection other than from rain

thanks sdmike! we have a case for them but was just trying to save space in the car (I am an admitted packaholic!) but we will make it fit since it makes sense to put them in the case!

Thanks everyone - can't wait to get on the road in the morning!!

Tam

Archived