Pricing question...bob?!

I booked our summer vacation in a Jr Suite a little over a month ago. We have invited some friends to come along and I was getting ready to send them pricing/itinerary info when I noticed the cost for my husband and I has since more than doubled! What does that mean in cruise language? That it is almost sold out and there probably won't be a sale, etc? The cruise isn't until June 2014 so our friends plan to reserve regardless but I don't want to get their hopes up that RCCL will match a lower price later on if prices go on sale if they probably won't go on sale, you know?

Bob, you seem to know answers to stuff like this!

I appreciate the kind words, but there are many people on this site that can and do help.

It's just not possible to predict prices. It all depends on how the cruise is selling, and if the price of your category has gone up, it means Royal's computer pricing program thinks sales are doing well enough to support higher prices. At some point in the future, the computer program might (or might not) think that sales need a boost, so prices might go down. My gut feel is that since your cruise is in the summer (busy time for family cruising), you are less likely to see price drops.

I appreciate the kind words, but there are many people on this site that can and do help.

It's just not possible to predict prices. It all depends on how the cruise is selling, and if the price of your category has gone up, it means Royal's computer pricing program thinks sales are doing well enough to support higher prices. At some point in the future, the computer program might (or might not) think that sales need a boost, so prices might go down. My gut feel is that since your cruise is in the summer (busy time for family cruising), you are less likely to see price drops.

I agree with bob but sometimes a large group cancels and prices drop like a rock.

I booked our summer vacation in a Jr Suite a little over a month ago. We have invited some friends to come along and I was getting ready to send them pricing/itinerary info when I noticed the cost for my husband and I has since more than doubled! What does that mean in cruise language? That it is almost sold out and there probably won't be a sale, etc? The cruise isn't until June 2014 so our friends plan to reserve regardless but I don't want to get their hopes up that RCCL will match a lower price later on if prices go on sale if they probably won't go on sale, you know?

Bob, you seem to know answers to stuff like this!

As another Bob already said, it's really hard to predict cruise prices. The best bet is to book early and since you are so far from the sailing date, hope that the price goes down before the final payment date. If they book now, the price will never go up for them, but could go down. If they try to wait to book later, then the price may go up even more. Maybe in a few weeks/months there will be a promotion that they qualify for that reduces the price.

Archived