Question you ask when someone tells you they went on a cruise.

LandlockedCruiser01

What's the first question you ask when someone tells you they took a cruise?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What's the first question you ask when someone tells you they took a cruise?

• "Which ship did you sail on?"
    • "What ports did you visit?"
    • "Who did you go with?"
    • Some other question; post in comments.

Hey, here's a quick, fun poll. Let's say you're talking to someone, whether to someone you know well or someone you just met, and that person tells you they went in a cruise recently. With Cruise Critic members being fans of cruising in general, I'm sure it'd be a natural reaction to ask more about the cruise.

So, what would be the first question you'd ask?

Why were we not invited on this cruise?! We would probably ask about all the kinds of food and activities they experienced both aboard the ship and at each port of call. The requisite follow up question being, when is the next cruise?

Which ship and where. The where is usually answered, but the ship often draws and confused look and maybe an answer. Often, not even aware of the cruise line. That's for common Caribbean cruises. For more interesting cruises, Alaska, TA, Panama Canal, South America, no problem.

Interesting responses so far. The first question I ask is "Which ship did you sail on?" After all, ports can be visited on a land trip, but ships cannot. So the ship takes precedence.

Now, the first question non-cruisers ask me when I tell them I went on a cruise is usually "Who did you go with?" I had a funny misunderstanding over that. My first answer was "Carnival", because I interpreted the question as "which cruise line?"

Archived