Nassau 8/7/13 -5 ships in port - Atlantis too busy?

kccrzr

I have booked a room at the Comfort Suites to go to Atlantis on August 7, 2013. There are 4 other ships in port that day, in addition to the Enchantment. We are scheduled to arrive a bit earlier than the other ships. However, since Atlantis slides, etc don't open until 10:00, our scheduled "head start" probably won't make a difference.

Has anyone else been to Atlantis when there are so many ships in port? Was it completely overrun with people resulting in a lack of loungers and long lines for rides/food, etc?

I can't see spending that much money if it is going to be crazy full. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have booked a room at the Comfort Suites to go to Atlantis on August 7, 2013. There are 4 other ships in port that day, in addition to the Enchantment. We are scheduled to arrive a bit earlier than the other ships. However, since Atlantis slides, etc don't open until 10:00, our scheduled "head start" probably won't make a difference.

Has anyone else been to Atlantis when there are so many ships in port? Was it completely overrun with people resulting in a lack of loungers and long lines for rides/food, etc?

I can't see spending that much money if it is going to be crazy full. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You guessed it.. Crazy full.

It's summer break as well. The hotels are at capacity. what else would you expect. Atlantis doesn't care if it's crowded, they just want your $$$$

We are in Nassau as well on Aug. 7, 2013. I see that there are only 3 ships in port according to the Nassau cruise ship schedule. But it will probably be crowded regardless

According to this site, there are 5 ships in port on August 7: http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingnassaubahamas-07aug2013.html

But, it shows your ship there on the 6th not the 7th.

• 3 weeks later...
Can both of you post of your experience when you return? We will have 3 ships in port when we travel in September, and don't want to waste the money if it will be packed.

We had a great time at Atlantis even with 5 ships in port. We arrived at Comfort Suites around 9:00am, checked in, received our vouchers and walked over to Atlantis. It took us several minutes to find the desk with the wristbands - it was downstairs from the lobby and only found it after stopping an employee and asking for directions - we saw no signage directing the way.

The complex is huge and by the time we made our way through the aquarium tunnel (taking some photos on the way) to the park it was around 9:30-9:35.

It seemed like most of the optimum places around the first, large pool we came to were already taken. However, there were employees available to move umbrellas. Just past that pool was a much smaller pool with a waterfall. It was much quieter there and we lucked out by finding two loungers between two palm trees. There was also one umbrella which had not already been claimed so we moved that between our loungers.

The "lazy" river (which is anything but lazy) and slides did not open until 10:00. We went over to the closest access point to the lazy river a few minutes before 10 and were glad we did. Within minutes of opening it was difficult if not impossible to find an available tube - we saw many people waiting at the various access points for someone to leave the lazy river so they could have their rafts. The lazy river was packed but we still had a great time on it - the worst part was the huge back-up at the conveyor belt which moves you up to the higher part of the lazy river.

We also waited quite a while to go down a small slide - we were glad we tried it once but if I were to go back I would do the slides the very first thing.

We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming in the small pool, having lunch, etc.

Even with tons of people there we had a great time - just take your patience with you and get there as early as possible.

Could I ask how much you paid for Comfort Suites? For my date, Sept 4, it's coming up $410 with taxes. We always use them, but that seems really high for 3 people. The NCL excursion is $99pp right now, so that's less. We would just get our braclets and then leave the tour. I have to decided soon.

We paid $311.90 for two people ($86.90 of which was attributable to taxes/charges!) using a AAA discount. Someone in our shuttle on the way to Comfort Suites said he received a discount by signing up for the Choice Privileges rewards program so you might want to look into that if you haven't already.

After paying for the shuttle for two people, we paid just about the same amount as we would have paid through the ship. However, it was worth it to us to be able to arrive early and leave whenever we wanted. (Our ship was in port from 7AM - midnight).

Archived