Which excursions not to be missed?

My husband and I are taking this cruise for our 22nd anniversary but just the cruise is a huge splurge for us and we won't be able to do but 2 shore excursions. So in the opinion of each of you that have been before, what was your absolute favorite excursion that you felt was well worth the money? Thanks for your input.

Two must dos on your seven day IMO

Bora bora land & sea tour

Moorea car rental which will allow you to visit the belvedere and also visit temae beach. It will not be so costly so hope you will be able to take another snorkelling tour.

The other day in BB you can spend on the motu or just wandering around the shops in town.

You can take the Tahia Collins Shuttle to her shop in Moorea and walk over to Les Tipannier where for a small sum you can enjoy the beach. Find out the timings for the return shuttle in advance.

Don't forget a walk to the market on the final day as well.

The lagoons in Tahaa, BB and Moorea are so spectacular that even if you do not leave the ship you will enjoy stunning scenery.

Don't hesitate to reap savings by sailing on deck three.

Enjoy!

Enjoy what you can.Do not do more than you can comfortably afford. Another trip and adventure will be there.We are celebratin our 40th anniversary.We have had to budget along the way but always had a great time.Tahiti is an awesome adventure we are looking forward to,:) but just being there will be wonderful.Go with the flow.Another experience will be around the corner.

Personally I would have to say that my favorite excursion that we did on our recent 10 nite cruise would have to be jet skiing on Bora Bora, it was so much fun, best way to enjoy that beautiful island. GG

Which jet ski tour company did you use? Was it a PG excursion or one you booked on your own?

Our favorite excursions were both with private companies. My wife loved Christophe's Reef Discovery in Bora Bora, though I've heard Patricks is excellent as well. And my favorite was ATV Moorea in Moorea. They have a 2 1/2 hr tour and a 3 1/2 hour tour. We opted for the 3 1/2 tour that does everything the shorter tour does and also takes you to the top of Magic Mountain. Absolutely incredible way to see Moorea in my opinion. Both tour operators were highly rated on TripAdvisor.

There is no right, wrong or better answer. The question is subjective. Some on here have taken several tours on the islands and have a reference point to rate each vendor.

I think you need to answer first what is important to you. Heck, you might be 85 years old and a 4X4 tour up the side of a mountain doesn't sound exciting.

So please give us a bit more detail about you guys. What floats your boat?

Shrkdive1: We decided to book our jet ski tour on BB privately with Moana Adventure Tours, be careful cuz there is also a Moana Jet Ski which is a different company, you can check both of them out on Trip Advisor.

We were very happy with the company we went with, they couldn't be better!!! GG

There is no right, wrong or better answer. The question is subjective. Some on here have taken several tours on the islands and have a reference point to rate each vendor.

I think you need to answer first what is important to you. Heck, you might be 85 years old and a 4X4 tour up the side of a mountain doesn't sound exciting.

So please give us a bit more detail about you guys. What floats your boat?

We are 43 and 45 and love the water and beach.

Do a lagoon tour on Bora bora. Patrick's, Christopher's or Rannui tours

On day 2 of Bora Bora enjoy the PG motu, beautiful beach, stellar views & the water is fine.

On Tahaa enjoy the motu, fabulous day. Best snorkeling will be in the 'bowl' area which is at the entrance to the lagoon at the reef.

On Moorea rent a car and go check out the sites. There are 2 public beaches. You can also get out to the motu from IC resort, Les Tipaniers or a place just to the east of the IC. The snorkeling is great bwtween the motus. Go up to the Belvedere for the view. The beach and café at Les Tipaniers is cute, affordable for lunch and the view of the motus from this location is very nice.

I like the land and sea which the ship offers in Bora Bora - for $150 or so you can get a wonderful view from the top as well as get some snorkelling in. Seeing you are doing two different activities it gives you variation with economy.

Also some of the snorkelling operators may require that you find others to go with you. With the ship you will not have that problem and it may be a way to use up some of the on board credits that you may have from your TA or credit card.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived