Punta Morena,- Who has been?

gambler

It is beautiful there. They now have a pool and a smaller bar with swings in addition to the big bar/restaurant area. There is one cove area that is sort of protected for swimming, but I would be very careful as the undertow can be strong and there are no lifeguards. Big beach area tho'

Best bet is to hire a driver who will wait for you

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree with BigRed - nice beach bar. You would be best to hire a driver who stays with you since bars on the eastern side are more remote and not many "passing" taxis. If you hire a taxi at the port about $25 one way, I would think, but make arrangements for him to come back at a certain time, if you don't pay for him to wait. Rates went up at the beginning of the year, I think a round island or 3 hour tour is about $70 now. If you have never been to the east side it its certainly worth experiencing - very different to the southern beach bars.

An alternative would be to go on the Bar Hop - this is one of the bars they stop at and you are sure of a ride home!

Thanks for the info. We will probably stick with Paradise Beach as we want to swim. I have driven around the other side before, it is beautiful. The bar hop sounds good but do you really get much beach time?

Thanks for the info. We will probably stick with Paradise Beach as we want to swim. I have driven around the other side before, it is beautiful. The bar hop sounds good but do you really get much beach time?

Stops on the bar hop are approx. 40 minutes at each location. Punta Morena and Rastas are the main stops with beaches but as it has been pointed out already swimming in the sea is not advised at most places on the east side. There is a pool at Punta Morena but unfortunately it didn't have any water in it when I was there so I have not tried it.

Archived