Canival Weather reports

Giantfan13

We just returned off the Glory (July 21-28). It was a very nice cruise but one thing bothered me to no end. Maybe this is prevalent on all Carnival ships now, but it was something we were just not prepared for. They do not give any weather info on the TV at all. No forecast, no temperature, no wind speed, nothing, nada, zero. We were in an inside cabin, but from the TV we could see how it was outside, but we had no idea if it was cold, warm, or what the current day was to bring us. I Inquired about this at Guest services, and to anyone wearing a White Uniform during the entire cruise and all I got were sort of shrugs of their shoulders. One morning I called at 8:00 and they told me at 11:45 the Captain would announce the weather. I swear on this. I asked if I should just walk around in my robe until then. (They didn't get the humor in that either)

Now, again, this may be a minor point, but I have never seen this mentioned here and I thought it might be helpful to others. We have been on about 11 cruises and I have never not heard the Captain come on in the morning and greet everyone and announce the weather. I have never not seen even a crawl on the bottom of the TV saying what the current temp is outside and what the forecast is. It wasn't just me, everyone I spoke to on the ship said the exact same thing.

We did get two channels from Florida though, so while we were embedded in fog in Canada, we knew Florida has sunny and warm weather. We also knew what the weather was in Tokyo, Budapest, and several other places I never even heard of. Why don't they just get he Weather Channel on their line???

Again, just a heads up for anyone on this ship.

Is this the same on other Carnival ships?

Cheers

Len

We just got off the Freedom and there was a channel on the TV that showed the ship's position, speed, wind speed/direction, humidity, temperature etc etc... this has been on each of the CCL ships I've sailed on, so I'm not sure why it wasn't on your ship. Not having it would have bugged me as well!

my last cruise in may they had a channel that had wind speed, temp, ocean depth etc. Its also mentioned in the fun times or you can check this on the internet for free. And on sea days I have heard the captain come on and say the current temp and weather. They also did all this while I was on the glory, but that was a few years ago

The forecast is in the Fun TImes each day

We just check the forecast posted in the Fun Times, especially if it's a port day. If there's rain in the forecast, we have a couple of compact umbrellas that we stick in the backpack. If it's going to be hot and humid, we keep our eyes open for an ice cream shop.:D

Well, to be honest, this is one reason why I get very aggravated when people either won't be quiet around me when the captain is giving his noonday report on speed, position, and weather, or laugh at him while he's doing so. I like to hear this kind of information, and it's brief enough that if it bothers you that much, it's quickly over. I guess it's just the techie in me.

Yup. I had this as well on my Victory cruise a few weeks ago. It was very helpful and it has some fun music playing on the screen as well!

C-

We just got off the Freedom and there was a channel on the TV that showed the ship's position, speed, wind speed/direction, humidity, temperature etc etc... this has been on each of the CCL ships I've sailed on, so I'm not sure why it wasn't on your ship. Not having it would have bugged me as well!

I was on the same cruise and equally frustrated not knowing the forecast except for the occassional annoucement later in the day. I went to guest services to inquire and was informed they have a print out of that days forcest on the counter. It would've been nice to know ahead of time instead of going to guest services each time and look through the line of people at the printout.

Archived