Is December a bad month for PG cruise?

I booked Dec 7 because we both had time-off available then and the prices were good. But now I've had several people comment to me that the weather Dec-Mar is rainy and stormy and no one on the Roll Call seems to be sailing then. This cruise is a huge splurge for us so I don't want to spend all this money and be in the rain the whole time. Any opinions on this?

No, the weather is not the reason. In the travel industry there is usually a lull in travel between the end of Thanksgiving and about a week before Christmas thus the good prices during that time period.

Over half my trips to FP have been in December. I've been blessed with good weather with a few rainy days tossed in but no complaints.

Yes it is a bit more rain and humidity but it hasn't stopped us from taking advantage of the best prices ;)

IMO the best time is September , October , November. However I have been in dec, jan and feb as well. Of the four times in their summer months only this year was quite rainy in feb. other days we had a it of rain and then sunshine.

Weather patterns are changing all over the world so its a crapshoot.

• 2 weeks later...

We are also planning our cruise for December. I was a bit curious about the lower rates this time of year. I think its important to look at other sites that have information regarding weather and cruises in that part of the world during that time. You will be able to make an informed decision that way.

The only advantage to other sites is they can note the weather stats over several years and compute probabilities. Though with global warming and change in weather patterns earlier stats are more likely to skew the results!

Archived