Celebrity's Ultimate sea, sun, and fun cruise

islandchick

Sorry to post this port question in the general forum but I have not received any answers.

Has anyone been on this excursion from Grenada-Celebrity's Ultimate sea, sun, and fun cruise, if so please tell me more about it. Do they serve drinks, whats the snorkeling like, etc.

We went on this excursion in April on the Eclipse. I'll try to describe how it went for our trip.

You walk through town to the boat which takes about 5 minutes. Then you board the boat. After leaving we sailed to the underwater statue snorkel park which was great. The snorkeling at the park was awesome and our snorkel guide was excellent. Next we sailed to a cove not much further down the coast and snorkeled for a while. Here we saw a group of squid and a few fish but not much. The squid were very cool though as I haven't seen them many times before. On the way to the cove we were offered a cup of soda or water. Then we sailed to a small black sand beach. On the way to the beach they offered rum punch. When we arrived at the beach there were a few tables with shade. The shade was necessary because the sand on the beach was too hot for even the crew to walk on. This was the 3rd snorkel spot but we were told we couldn't snorkel because we had 1 rum punch. Here we were served lunch. They served half of a small grilled lobster tail, a soup that reminded me of pea soup pureed with seaweed, rice, and some canned vegetables. We were served one round of rum punch, and one glass of wine. They told us we could get rum punch at a stand at the beach but when I tried they told me they didn't have any and I could buy a Carib beer for $5. Shortly after lunch the beach became extremely crowded and loud. After a while we sailed back. This was the best part of the trip in my opinion. I laid down on the net in front and just enjoyed the sail back.

Our conclusion was that we were happy but would not book this excursion again. The crew was unexceptional other than the snorkel guide. I spoke to some friends afterwards that took the Shadowfax Lobster Cruise and they were extremely impressed. One other couple on our excursion was talking about a year earlier when they took the Shadowfax excursion and how much better it was. When we return we will try that one instead.

Hope this helps.

We went on this excursion in April on the Eclipse. I'll try to describe how it went for our trip.

You walk through town to the boat which takes about 5 minutes. Then you board the boat. After leaving we sailed to the underwater statue snorkel park which was great. The snorkeling at the park was awesome and our snorkel guide was excellent. Next we sailed to a cove not much further down the coast and snorkeled for a while. Here we saw a group of squid and a few fish but not much. The squid were very cool though as I haven't seen them many times before. On the way to the cove we were offered a cup of soda or water. Then we sailed to a small black sand beach. On the way to the beach they offered rum punch. When we arrived at the beach there were a few tables with shade. The shade was necessary because the sand on the beach was too hot for even the crew to walk on. This was the 3rd snorkel spot but we were told we couldn't snorkel because we had 1 rum punch. Here we were served lunch. They served half of a small grilled lobster tail, a soup that reminded me of pea soup pureed with seaweed, rice, and some canned vegetables. We were served one round of rum punch, and one glass of wine. They told us we could get rum punch at a stand at the beach but when I tried they told me they didn't have any and I could buy a Carib beer for $5. Shortly after lunch the beach became extremely crowded and loud. After a while we sailed back. This was the best part of the trip in my opinion. I laid down on the net in front and just enjoyed the sail back.

Our conclusion was that we were happy but would not book this excursion again. The crew was unexceptional other than the snorkel guide. I spoke to some friends afterwards that took the Shadowfax Lobster Cruise and they were extremely impressed. One other couple on our excursion was talking about a year earlier when they took the Shadowfax excursion and how much better it was. When we return we will try that one instead.

Hope this helps.

like your avatar! :) How to do get the motion?

Archived