Grand voyages, when are cruise credits awarded?

Graypanther

I have searched and not found an answer. My understanding about cruise credits being awarded is:

Individual cruises - at the beginning, new level benefits, if reached, are awarded.

World cruise - at the end of the cruise.

Grand voyages - at beginning? But treated as one segment and one benefit awarded. Cruise length may award more cruise credits than individual segments would.

Back to back - each segment is treated as an individual cruise.

I asked if I could create my own Grand voyage by combining b2bs and was told no. The possibility of being in different cabins was not an issue for me.

I asked if I could create my own Grand voyage by combining b2bs and was told no. The possibility of being in different cabins was not an issue for me.

I am confused but would you not get more credits for a B2B than a Grand Voyage???

Guess it could be the lenght of the individual cruises that may give different credits :confused:

We are doing a 16 day & a 7 day which = 2 credits

If it were a Grand Voyage we would only get 1 credit

I am confused but would you not get more credits for a B2B than a Grand Voyage???

Guess it could be the lenght of the individual cruises that may give different credits :confused:

We are doing a 16 day & a 7 day which = 2 credits

If it were a Grand Voyage we would only get 1 credit

Yes. one could lose cruise credits, break even, or gain. A grand voyage of 35-44 days awards 3 cruise credits at the beginning of the voyage, per what was said earlier. If the individual segments were say 18 & 20 days for a 38 day GV, you would only get 2 cruise credits if you booked it as a b2b. The reason I was interested is that if the cruise credits you receive at the beginning would put you on or past the 10 cruise level, you would receive prepaid gratuities for the entire voyage, whereas on a b2b you might not get there at all or not until the second or latter segment. The current shortest GV is 24 days (one cruise credit) which probably means it would be better to book it as a b2b unless the GV has a bunch of extra stuff associated with it that the individual segments don't.

The current shortest GV is 24 days (one cruise credit) which probably means it would be better to book it as a b2b unless the GV has a bunch of extra stuff associated with it that the individual segments don't.

My understanding is that if it is advertised as a GV you cannot book the cruises as B2B

You however could book another cruise prior to the GV adding it as a B2B

Confused :D

another option is to find a TA offering pre paid Gratuities ;)

My understanding is that if it is advertised as a GV you cannot book the cruises as B2B

You however could book another cruise prior to the GV adding it as a B2B

Confused :D

another option is to find a TA offering pre paid Gratuities ;)

The GV I used as an example is bookable as a GV or individual segments. There may be exceptions. I don't think Oceania would prevent you from booking those 2 segments as a b2b. You might want cabins that are not available on the GV. Possibly, you could negotiate with Oceania to book the GV with cabins that require you to move between segments.

I'm sure you could book an additional segment as a b2b to the GV but it would only count as its own segment. At least that's my understanding. It wouldn't be added to the GV total days. Oceania does do GVs that are extensions to other GVs. The GV example I used is also listed as a 3 segment GV of 48 days worth 4 cc. The start dates and ship for the two GVs are the same.

The real option is to find a TA that gives equivalent OBC that you can use for gratuities or whatever you want. They do exist.

The real option is to find a TA that gives equivalent OBC that you can use for gratuities or whatever you want. They do exist.

Yes that they do

good luck finding what you are looking for

Lyn

It is the length of the cruise that allows the credits. We were on a 30 day Grand Cruise when we got 2 credits.

We wre told we would get 2 credits for a 25 day cruise we took a few years back. i have called several times and spoke to the passenger rep on our last cruise. All daid they would take care of it. Still no extra credit. We are nearing our 10th cruise and would like the extra perks. i won't book another Oceania cruise until I get that credit.

Archived