Any advice on LaQuinta Inn Cocoa Beach?

kentuckyluckyguy

Just booked this yesterday for two nights pre-cruise. It was the #1 ranked Cocoa Beach hotel on one of the main websites as reviewed by those who've stayed there.

Anyone here stayed there before and have any reviews? Any recommendations on where to eat in and around Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach?

Run away from this hotel :eek: DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! We were booked there for one night prior to our cruise in December 2012...when we arrived we were going to pay with cash for the room to avoid using a credit card. The older man at the front desk said we would need to use a credit card because they place a $75.00 hold on the credit card for any incidentals or damage that may occur.

I explained to him that was not told to me when I called and made the reservation....he told me that if I can't afford the $75.00 hold then I didn't belong going on vacation :mad: at this point I was fuming.

I told him I wouldn't ever stay here or at another LaQuinta ever again. When we returned home I called the hotel and asked to speak with a manager who basically told me the same thing as the old man at the front desk....she was a 5 letter word that rhymes with witch ;) :p

If you want a nice hotel in Cocoa Beach....stay at the Comfort Inn by Ron Jon Surf Shop. We went there after the debacle at LaQuinta and were able to pay with cash with no issues

A co-worker of mine just got back from a 4 day vacation and stayed at the LaQuinta and she loved it! She said it was very clean, their view was beautiful (they had oceanfront) and it was right next to the pier.

I have never stayed there myself, but she and her husband travel a lot and are very particular about where they stay.

Check out the reviews on http://www.tripadvisor.com and decide for yourself. The reviews have all been very good!

Hope this helps.....

We stayed at the Oceanside La Quinta in Jan. for 3 nights and loved it. I would stay there again for sure. We had a balcony room, and had a great view of the ocean, just steps away. Also, the pier is right there so there is a nice place to visit.

There are 2 LaQuintas. One is oceanside and the other is not close to the ocean. Check to see which one you have.

We thought the staff was very nice. The hotel is older, but it was nice and clean, and we were happy with the breakfast.

Claudia

Archived