Princess Air Arrangements

Trobrah

Hi,

I'm trying to understand when Princess's $75 air deviation kicks in. If you make reservations through Princess flying out of LA, and want to arrive in Papeete 2-3 days prior to the cruise's embarkation is that a deviation?

If you fly into LA from the east coast, again having arrangements made through them, is it a deviation if you spend the night in LA prior to going on to Papeete?

Thanks,

Jay

Ok, this is how I understand it, (as explained by my TA)

The air deviation fee is only applied if you want to choose the specific flight on your day of travel. You may travel any day that Princess has flights available, (apparently, that is the key, because they purchase block reservations on the days when their passengers are most likely to travel). It makes sense that the farther out you book, the more chances Princess will have seats available on whatever days you wish to travel.

We elected to pay the deviation fee for our trip next month, because Princess would most likely have booked us on a flight that arrived in Papeete late at night. We felt it was worth $150 for a few extra hours in paradise. Plus, if you don't choose your flights, you are never sure what flights you will be on until you get your tickets. We are using credit card miles to get to LA, so we needed to know for sure what flights we would be on, to coordinate the layovers.

I just reread your post, and realized my reply didn't address your specific questions.

1.If you want to spend a few days pre or post cruise, you don't necessarily need to pay the deviation fee, as long as there are seats available on the days you want to fly.

2. If you want to spend the night in LA, you probably would have to pay the deviation fee, as Princess probably has flights available all the way through on the same day.

These questions can best be answered by your travel agent, who can talk directly to Princess with your specific itinerary requests.

Look at it this way....you book they handel everything and decide everything for you, no additional charge........you want to change things you pay the price and remember it is the deviation charge as well as any increase in air fare....

We are going on the TP in Aug. and I deviated air ATN..1pm leaving LAX/10pm leaving Tahiti( 2 days post)

If I wanted the 4pm out of LAX it was not availble, if I wanted to leave tahiti at 11:15

50 dollars more a ticket..... I was thinking of doing 3 days post it was 70 dollars more for the 10pm 59 more for the 11:15 go figure....so it all depends on what princess has blocked and how many ATN has sold the old supply and demand....

Happy sailing.............:)

If you want to go early, I definitely recommend the deviation. If you use the Princess hotel package, you will pay a lot more for the hotel rooms. Book early and pay the deviation fee to get the flights you want (or book your airfare on your own if you have time to do the research and find affordable flights). You will save the cost of the deviation fee in the cost of the rooms.

OR keep checking websites to book your own air. not as scary as it may sound, and you can always book normal(not a deviation, I don't think you can change after you do that) Princess air and cancel it when you find something else.

Archived