Trip insurance for a b2b

camarowesley

Doing a B2B in October, do we need 2 separate policies? One for each leg?

You need two policies because they are entirely separate cruises.

A mistake some people make when taking out insurance is not giving the exact dollar and cents amount of the cruise fare and other covered travel expenses.

There was an article in a travel magazine a year or so ago that exposed this common and legal excuse that insurers use to deny claims.

I had always just rounded my numbers, but not any more.

You need two policies because they are entirely separate cruises.

A mistake some people make when taking out insurance is not giving the exact dollar and cents amount of the cruise fare and other covered travel expenses.

There was an article in a travel magazine a year or so ago that exposed this common and legal excuse that insurers use to deny claims.

I had always just rounded my numbers, but not any more.

What about airfare? Do we include the full price on both policies? Thanks for the info.

I book my insurance with a third party insurance provider and on our b2b's were advised to put them together as one policy as you do not get off the ship. The ship is the only one that looks at it as 2 different entities. Transportation is to the ship and from the ship only one time. When purchasing insurance the above poster is correct. Remember to add everything up when insuring that you cannot get your money back for such as prepaid hotel rooms that you cannot cancel. If however your b2b were on two different ships then I would think you would have to have 2 separate ones.

What about airfare? Do we include the full price on both policies? Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure. I usually go with a policy from insuremytrip.com and would probably call the company you are thinking about taking insurance with to find out.

I also saw a thread the other day about a couple having to leave a cruise early due to a sudden illness and subsequent death of their elderly parent.

When they tried to make a claim with the insurance they were denied because the parent was more than 85 years old and the trip interuption part of the policy had an age limit clause.

I always take out insurance, but these companies do everything possible to not make a payout.

Archived