Does The Carnival Splendor have FOD gatherings?

RichardandMark

..we will be traveling next year on The Splendor and was wondering if there are any FOD Gatherings. We were on the Carnival Spirit a few years ago and there were meetings every night. And we were on the RC Oasis Of The Seas last year and there were meetings every night.

met a lot of super people!

I know that on some ships/cruiselines it's a standard posting in the newsletter and I can't believe the Splendor would be any different. You can always go directly to the cruise director and ask for a FOD/GLBT gathering once you get on board the ship. If he/she is not available leave them a note. It's up to discretion of the cruise director to put it in the newsletter, but most of the time it is granted without hesitation.

We took the splendor last year from LA to Puerto Vallarta. Yes, they did have FOD. I hope they still have one during your cruise.

Have a terrific time.

Chuck.

..we will be traveling next year on The Splendor and was wondering if there are any FOD Gatherings. We were on the Carnival Spirit a few years ago and there were meetings every night. And we were on the RC Oasis Of The Seas last year and there were meetings every night.

met a lot of super people!

I, too, have been on the Splendor and I want to say they had a gathering every night, or at least almost every night. I went one night, but it was a very small group. Hope you have a better turnout and happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Splendor 2012 Mexican Riviera cruise (our first), and, yes, the Friends Of Dorothy meets were listed in the daily info sheet. I believe they met every evening, like around 8:00 pm or so in one of the (smaller) cocktail lounges. We went to check them out 2 or 3 eve's, but there weren't too many Friends there on those nights, and we didn't strike up conversations with anyone. Still, nice that they were offered. Better luck for more of a party scene on your cruise, and enjoy :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived