First Time Cruiser Just Off Jewel--Ask Me Anything

Yes, but in St. Martin we just walked around the shopping area, and same in Antigua. I probably should have done beach/excursion in every port.

I think Jewel you hit the head on the nail with that quote. Picking a cruise with 5 ports enables you to see wonderful different cultures, and sights. There are alot of interesting things to see and do beyond the pier. CC has many forums on things to do that can fit into anyone's budget. Since this is my 2nd cruise, my first was a southern caribbean route out of San Juan, I wanted to see more of the locations I was visiting. I thought of the ship as the mode of transport to these places, rather than, the source of my vacation. On our first cruise, we always explored past the pier area. Even if it was just walking. I did lead my bride into a neighborhood we shouldn't have been in, but it was funny to laugh about it later. This cruise, 15 years later from my first one, I can spend a little more money and book excursions myself. By booking myself, I was able to negotiate a better deal than what the ship was offering. My wife calls me frugal, I call myself cheap! I would try cruising again and spend some time on CC researching. You will find cruising a fantastic way of traveling.

You have to make your own fun on a cruise.

Plan excursions at each port you would really enjoy.

Pick activities on the ship in the eve..shows, lounges etc.

Become involved with the Roll Calls. I have met some wonderful people through them.

Also if you can make sure you go with others you enjoy being with. That makes a big difference.

Hope you cruise again and have a more satisfying experience.

We will be on the Jewel next May for a B2B and so looking forward to it.

BTW..you are new to CC. Become as informed as you can. That has helped me so much with all my cruises.

Laura

What's the square root of an Isosceles Triangle.

a^2 + b^2 = c^2 for a right

Actually, I have no idea what that means. I googled it. My take away from my Physics class - you can google anything and get the answer! (And no triangle really has a square root!):p

Archived