Sapphire Princess VS Suites Smell?

freetocruise

Has anyone sailed recently in D739 or D738 on the Sapphire Princess? I wonder if the garbage smells that have been mentioned in earlier posts are still present. I'm looking at a 25 day cruise with lots of sea days. Since my husband and I like to spend time on our balcony, a noxious smell would prevent us booking one of these suites.

Thanks.

Has anyone sailed recently in D739 or D738 on the Sapphire Princess? I wonder if the garbage smells that have been mentioned in earlier posts are still present. I'm looking at a 25 day cruise with lots of sea days. Since my husband and I like to spend time on our balcony, a noxious smell would prevent us booking one of these suites.

Thanks.

Would you consider an Emerald deck VS suite? Such as e733?

The balcony isn't as deep, but still nice.

The great thing about Emerald deck is that Promenade deck is only one deck down, featuring Sabatini's, Princess Theater, and Explorers Lounge.

Give it a try :)

Bon voyage :)

Either way, enjoy!

I rather like the wake noise, as I find it to be soothing. This, of course, is a matter of personal preference.

Let's hope someone can comment on the aforementioned aroma on Dolphin deck aft. I would like to hear about this, too.

I have not noticed an aroma on Dolphin deck on other ships, but I have also read what you mentioned.

Let's watch for more comments.

Thanks for the picture. We have had aft cabins on Emerald Deck and my husband and I agree that the wake noise is overly loud. I was hoping by moving up one deck, the sound would not be so overwhelming.

I feel I should tell you, being one deck up makes no difference whatsoever. I've been on Emerald deck and Dolphin deck and there is no less noise on Dolphin deck. I love the sound of the wash but my wife does not. We are now booking higher up and in a different part of the ship.

Not sure if the Sapphire is the same class of ship as The Diamond but my recent experience on the Diamond D739 was that there was a horrendous garbage smell emanating from the aft and we could never use our balcony because of it. You could tell that a chemical was added to try to mask the smell so you know that Princess knows it's a problem. After mulitple complaints they finally issued a sizable OBC. I think these cabins shuld be discounted and Princess should disclose the issue before booking just as they disclose obstructed views. Didn't notice a noise problem though. However, there was quite a bit of vibration.

Would you consider an Emerald deck VS suite? Such as e733?

The balcony isn't as deep' date=' but still nice.

The great thing about Emerald deck is that Promenade deck is only one deck down, featuring Sabatini's, Princess Theater, and Explorers Lounge.

Give it a try :)

Bon voyage :)[/quote']

We actually prefer to avoid cabins over public areas such as the Theater or lounges. The reason is that these public areas can be noisy late at night or even in the morning. Pity the poor early sleeper who discovers that they sometimes have rehearsals in the main theater late at night or at 8am!

Hank

Not sure if the Sapphire is the same class of ship as The Diamond but my recent experience on the Diamond D739 was that there was a horrendous garbage smell emanating from the aft and we could never use our balcony because of it. You could tell that a chemical was added to try to mask the smell so you know that Princess knows it's a problem. After mulitple complaints they finally issued a sizable OBC. I think these cabins shuld be discounted and Princess should disclose the issue before booking just as they disclose obstructed views. Didn't notice a noise problem though. However, there was quite a bit of vibration.

Yes, the Diamond and the Sapphire are sister ships. Thanks for your info about the vents and D739. This is good to know.

Thanks again...

We actually prefer to avoid cabins over public areas such as the Theater or lounges. The reason is that these public areas can be noisy late at night or even in the morning. Pity the poor early sleeper who discovers that they sometimes have rehearsals in the main theater late at night or at 8am!

Hank

Yes, this can sometimes be a concern, but on the Sapphire and the Diamond, there is no problem for the aft cabins on the starboard side.

Thanks.

We've sailed on Sapphire Princess twice in an aft balcony. The aft balconies are between the center vents and the suites.

On our first cruise we sailed in E735 (starboard side) during a 14 night Australian/New Zealand cruise in Dec 2004. It wasn't a hot trip, and there was actually a lot of rain and flooding that created a chilly cruise (this may or may not be important - I'll get to that). We didn't smell anything and we used our balcony a lot going through the fjords in New Zealand.

Last year in July we went back on Sapphire Princess in Alaska. We sailed in D740 (port side). This was a cold trip and this time we noticed the vents gave off heat! Woohoo! We were in Alaska in flip flops and t-shirts on our balcony tucked away from the wind and cold. We also got sunburned - twice!

So, why did I mention about the temperature of the weather? I have to wonder if that "smell" I've heard others talk about happen more on warmed weathered cruises, rather than cold weathered cruises? I have a very sensitive nose and would have smelled anything foul if it existed on our cruises.

We've sailed on Sapphire Princess twice in an aft balcony. The aft balconies are between the center vents and the suites.

On our first cruise we sailed in E735 (starboard side) during a 14 night Australian/New Zealand cruise in Dec 2004. It wasn't a hot trip, and there was actually a lot of rain and flooding that created a chilly cruise (this may or may not be important - I'll get to that). We didn't smell anything and we used our balcony a lot going through the fjords in New Zealand.

Last year in July we went back on Sapphire Princess in Alaska. We sailed in D740 (port side). This was a cold trip and this time we noticed the vents gave off heat! Woohoo! We were in Alaska in flip flops and t-shirts on our balcony tucked away from the wind and cold. We also got sunburned - twice!

So, why did I mention about the temperature of the weather? I have to

wonder if that "smell" I've heard others talk about happen more on warmed weathered cruises, rather than cold weathered cruises? I have a very sensitive nose and would have smelled anything foul if it existed on our cruises.

Gosh, that's amazing! Thanks for sharing this :)

We were in D738 on the Sapphire Princess in early April...CA Coastal. It was a fabulous location. We had no issues with bad smells. We will sail in this cabin again!

Thanks for the good thoughts about D738.

I love the Sapphire and her aft balconies :)

• 3 years later...