Cancel cruise, cancel ChoiceAir?

neverenoughtime

I booked a Celebrity Cruise thru a TA and bought air thru Choiceair. The flights are refundable with a fee. If for some reason I cancel the cruise, do I get to keep the flights - or are they automatically cancelled too?

I'm asking because I'm trying to buy trip insurance. I don't know if I should cover the whole flight costs or only the change fee. Is it possible to reassign the flight or is it a goner? I don't usually use ChoiceAir.

Thanks for your help!

The definitive answer comes from the terms and conditions of Choice Air. You have read those, right?

Actually I have and it says to call and talk to a rep. My experience with chatting with Celebrity leads me to ask here first. I rarely get the same answer twice from Celebrity and in some cases have just called back until I got someone who saw whatever I needed my way. Not sure I want to be in that situation with transportation, hence the question here:)

I booked a Celebrity Cruise thru a TA and bought air thru Choiceair. The flights are refundable with a fee. If for some reason I cancel the cruise, do I get to keep the flights - or are they automatically cancelled too?

I'm asking because I'm trying to buy trip insurance. I don't know if I should cover the whole flight costs or only the change fee. Is it possible to reassign the flight or is it a goner? I don't usually use ChoiceAir.

Thanks for your help!

Initially you couldn't and the flights got canceled with the cruise, but I thought that had changed. You need to call the Choice Air department and not talk to any Sales Rep who answers the phone. I too want to know want is in the contract and how that would work because if you kept the Air I assume Celebrity would still be the agent for the air, but what if you decided to go on another ship, especially one not owned by RCCL, and how does that change what services they offer? If you cancel the cruise do they give ownership of the air back to you (so you do not have to call Choice Air if there are flight changes).

Archived