Celebrity Reflection - Oceanview cabins

serenevasister

Sorry can't help with info but glad you asked. I will be piggy backing your question. Have an inside booked on a Reflection TA and can upgrade to an ocean view for around $60 pp. It will be a guarantee though so no idea where it will be.

I only know that the Oceanview cabins are smaller than Inside. Probably depends where you are sailing to. We are doing the Caribbean, and decided on inside.

Where are you getting this information? I do not believe that's true; on the S class ships, all cabins are identical in size until the suite category. There may be a few inside cabins that due to layout (sideways, for ex) that are a few feet larger but it is not the norm.

I have seen the forward OV cabins; the large windows are slanted inward with the design of the ship. The biggest downside is that it s a long walk from the front of the ship to the elevators, and especially to the buffet area, but if that doesn't bother you, go for it! There may also be slightly more motion and there can be extra noise/vibration when docking in the early morning

Where are you getting this information? I do not believe that's true; on the S class ships, all cabins are identical in size until the suite category. There may be a few inside cabins that due to layout (sideways, for ex) that are a few feet larger but it is not the norm.

I have seen the forward OV cabins; the large windows are slanted inward with the design of the ship. The biggest downside is that it s a long walk from the front of the ship to the elevators, and especially to the buffet area, but if that doesn't bother you, go for it! There may also be slightly more motion and there can be extra noise/vibration when docking in the early morning

According to Cruise Deck Plans, On the Celebrity Reflection, the average size of an inside cabin is 183 sq ft and the average size of an oceanview is 177 sq ft. Is that not correct? The OP was specifically asking about Reflection

Does anyone know what the oceanview cabins are like on Decks 8 and 7 - at the very front of the ship on Reflection?

I'm looking at doing a second cruise during my holiday in US next year so I'm looking at where I can cut costs!

Thanks,

Heather

Also take a look here, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

This is the S-Class cabin spread sheet, and may have reviews of what you are looking at.

Our friends are in an OV, 3146, on our Nov sailing.

Also take a look here, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE

This is the S-Class cabin spread sheet, and may have reviews of what you are looking at.

Our friends are in an OV, 3146, on our Nov sailing.

Thanks Wallie,

I had a look but I can't see any oceanview cabins - but will have another look - great work by library lady! And thankyou for the link. I will be interested to know what your friends think of their cabin!

Heather

The 12 OV on deck's 7/8 are the same on all the S-class ships. So if there are any that have a comment on the sheet it would cross over. I'll keep your thread marked and be back in about 96 days :D to let you know what they thought. This is a step up for them, first outside in 20+ cruises! They enjoyed coffee on our balcony last yr on the Ruby Princess.

Thanks for that. And did you enjoy the Ruby Princess? I was also looking at a cruise on that ship in the time period I'm looking at.

Heather

Our friends loved it, I liked it, and my wife was so dissatisfied that she won't look at Princess again for awhile. Our 1st Princess cruise was in 1993. The ship was very nice, my wife has Celiac, and there were food issues with uneducated staff, that said they knew. We have sailed on 7 diff lines since our 1st in 1987, so the ship has become our 'destination' more than the ports.

Archived