Tea at Jewel Gardens - Ketchikan

slh2412

Would like to know if anyone has taken the Tea at Jewel Gardens tour and what you thought....also would like comments on the Lighthouse, Eagles and Totem Pole tour also in Ketchikan. I read where this tour was not advertised as much as most tours are, but at least one couple thought it was wonderful.......Always willing to give the mysterious a try......Thanks......

also would like comments on the Lighthouse, Eagles and Totem Pole tour also in Ketchikan. I read where this tour was not advertised as much as most tours are, but at least one couple thought it was wonderful

I did this tour a few years ago but it was then called "Guard lighthouse tour". IF you click on this album - there are 3 pics at the bottom from the tour:

album

I wasn't overly impressed with the tour. If you are looking for a relaxing boat ride - this is it. It was too slow paced for me and many of us were bored. As far as eagles - you will see plenty of them but you can see plenty of them in Juneau and Ketchikan anyway. As far as totem poles, the boat goes by Totem Bight park - so your view is from the boat. You can tell from my pictures how close you get. As far as the lighthouse - you take the boat to the lighthouse and sail around it and then return.

It was a relaxing tour but I wouldn't recommend it or do it again. I didn't hate it - it just wasn't how I would want to spend my time.

Thanks Yukon :) This is the photo I like from that trip:

Image-8CC66EF29F3611D7.jpg-thumb_269_202.jpg

Out of my 5 whale watching trips in Juneau - this was the only trip where I got 1) decent photos and 2) saw orcas.

Hey - when we were up in Skagway in May (May 16th cruise) and drove to the Yukon - we went up to your house and knocked on your door - unfortunatley you were not there :( When we returned - I realized that you had probably left that day for the Radiance. Maybe next time :)

Thanks Yukon, you are correct, Jewel Gardens is in Skagway, do you have any opinon on this tour?

Coral thanks fr the feedback on the tour.....the pictures were great......

S.

Archived