Independence is getting a GREAT HD

Orator

I haven't posted on this board for many years since Celebrity is my line of choice. Read on the Celebrity board that Bernhard from Austria will be leaving Celebrity and going to Independence as HD. He is the best in the business and you really want to get to know him. If you are invited to a Faptain's Table with him, just go. I guarantee that you will thank me. I might just hop on Independence just to see him.

For the uninformed (like me) who had to think for a few minutes what HD is and at first thought t had to do with televisions - what does the hd do and what impact do they have on cruises? Honest question, interested to know.

Good question. The Hotel Director is responsible for all departments that are non engineering. Theirs includes Guest Relations,Housekeeping, Restaurants and Bars, Future Cruise Sales. Why are they important? They have authority to resolve problems. They also can create a postive atmosphere on the ship. Bernhard is truly loved by the staff and they work even harder to please him. Hope this helps.

Good question. The Hotel Director is responsible for all departments that are non engineering. Theirs includes Guest Relations,Housekeeping, Restaurants and Bars, Future Cruise Sales. Why are they important? They have authority to resolve problems. They also can create a postive atmosphere on the ship. Bernhard is truly loved by the staff and they work even harder to please him. Hope this helps.

He sounds like a great addition to a great ship! Thanks for the explanation

Archived