Pride -(8/11 to 8/18) Cruise

cheftgc

Just got back from this cruise. If you have any questions ask and I will try to answer.

How was the Serenity Area & chair hogs? How were the lines in Lido Buffett (esp. pizza station and Mongolian Wok)?

I'll be on Pride this Sunday! :D

Thanks

I was on this same sailing and can help try to answer, too . . . Serenity was crowded each sea day (one was raining so I won't count that one). I would walk each morning and some early birds were waiting for the towel person to start handing out towels at 8 am sharp! I did see security watching chairs around the two main pools and even witnessed security removing the items that were "holding" the chairs. No one had touched those chairs for at least 4 hours (from 8 am until noon).

There were lines at certain times at the pizza station and Mongolian wok. The lines were longest around 1:15 or 1:30 on sea days and right after we came back on board after being in port. The deli lines were shorter and all lines moved quickly.

How was the Serenity Area & chair hogs? How were the lines in Lido Buffett (esp. pizza station and Mongolian Wok)?

I'll be on Pride this Sunday! :D

Thanks

We did not have Faster to the Fun. Our 8/11 sailing received an email a few days before sailing stating that a mandatory, quarterly immigration inspection would be taking place on our sailing day and please do not arrive before 1:00 (it was different than the other 1:00 emails many guests receive). We arrived at the terminal at 12:00 and were on board by 12:15. From what I gather, they started boarding around 11:30 on our sailing. We did not debark the ship until close to 11:00 on Sunday and I think that time is fairly common.

What time were you able to board the ship? Did you have Faster to the Fun?

I was on this same sailing and can help try to answer, too . . . Serenity was crowded each sea day (one was raining so I won't count that one). I would walk each morning and some early birds were waiting for the towel person to start handing out towels at 8 am sharp! I did see security watching chairs around the two main pools and even witnessed security removing the items that were "holding" the chairs. No one had touched those chairs for at least 4 hours (from 8 am until noon).

There were lines at certain times at the pizza station and Mongolian wok. The lines were longest around 1:15 or 1:30 on sea days and right after we came back on board after being in port. The deli lines were shorter and all lines moved quickly.

Thanks so much!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

EJphilly,I agree with Cruisenk. Serenity crowded on all the days except port days when chairs were available without much of a problem. Lines were big throughout the day at the pizza station and the wait was long. The lines at Chopsticks were also long but moved quickly. Lines usually the longest during the peak lunch hours but for the most part moved at a good speed. Tables were also hard to find during peak time.

Dixieva, boarding the ship was a breeze even without FTTF. We arrived around 2PM and were on the ship by 2:15. The room was ready. Luggage arrived before 3 o'clock. Debarkation was just as fast for us. We had a Zone 2 time that was scheduled to depart at 10AM. A crew member came into our waiting area at 9 and said we could depart. We were off the ship, through customs and had our luggage in less than 20 min.

JMAE, my stateroom was updated with a flat screen TV. Our cabin was on Deck 5.

EJphilly,I agree with Cruisenk. Serenity crowded on all the days except port days when chairs were available without much of a problem. Lines were big throughout the day at the pizza station and the wait was long. The lines at Chopsticks were also long but moved quickly. Lines usually the longest during the peak lunch hours but for the most part moved at a good speed. Tables were also hard to find during peak time.

Thx :-)

Dixieva, boarding the ship was a breeze even without FTTF. We arrived around 2PM and were on the ship by 2:15. The room was ready. Luggage arrived before 3 o'clock. Debarkation was just as fast for us. We had a Zone 2 time that was scheduled to depart at 10AM. A crew member came into our waiting area at 9 and said we could depart. We were off the ship, through customs and had our luggage in less than 20 min.

JMAE, my stateroom was updated with a flat screen TV. Our cabin was on Deck 5.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived