Getaway to New York as Floating Hotel for Super Bowl Week!

Phamer55

Broadway between 44th and 34th streets will be renamed Super Bowl Boulevard between Jan. 29, 2014, and Feb. 1, 2014. From noon to 11 p.m. on those days, the city will close vehicular traffic for various events including concerts, a display with the Vince Lombardi Trophy and other yet to be determined attractions.

During last year's Super Bowl week in Indianapolis, fans could fly down a zip line and the NFL's event planners said they would aim to top that.

"Our intent is to create the epicenter of entertainment and football along those 10 blocks," Mary Pat Augenthaler, the NFL's vice president of events, said.

Manhattan will also host other Super Bowl-related events including the media party at Chelsea Piers, where 5,000 press members are expected to attend.

http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/nyc-kicks-off-plans-for-2014-super-bowl-at-metlife-stadium-1.4506227

Here we go again. Folks think they can get rich renting out their apt/house, etc.

In Atlanta, people were renting houses 100 miles away for a all kinds of crazy dollars. 10 miles away was crazy.

Those that waiting until 2 weeks before could get 2 bedroom condos within walking distance for $100 a night. (we did).

Just have to laugh. You would think a few million people were going to the superbowl. Guess what - only the same number as they have for normal games.

Oh good grief - we were JOKING. :rolleyes:

Just playing devil's advocate here - but wouldn't it just be simpler to use the Breakaway as the floating hotel - I mean she's already in New York.

Well technically Getaway shouldn't even be in service (she is early) and I guess more people would be affected on the Breakaway cruises.

Well technically Getaway shouldn't even be in service (she is early) and I guess more people would be affected on the Breakaway cruises.

If you take into account the Feb 1 cruise that was canceled as well perhaps more where affected

Sent from my iPhone - Jim

Archived