MIA to Port Everglades

ashleycrew

I am sure if I wasnt so lazy and searched I would find the answer but We are flying into MIA on a Sunday AM to cruise on the Freedom. What is the best way to get from MIA to the Port in FL? It looks like a cab will be around $90 with tip and probably makes the most sense. It looks like the other options may save a couple of bucks but probably not worth the hassle of waiting or transfer buses.... Any input appreciated.

I am sure if I wasnt so lazy and searched I would find the answer but We are flying into MIA on a Sunday AM to cruise on the Freedom. What is the best way to get from MIA to the Port in FL? It looks like a cab will be around $90 with tip and probably makes the most sense. It looks like the other options may save a couple of bucks but probably not worth the hassle of waiting or transfer buses.... Any input appreciated.

I'm thinking a rental car would cost less and gives you the freedom to stop, get water, sodas, wine and take the scenic route.

If you rent from Budget at MIA you can drop the car at the location near the Renaissance Hotel (1515 SE 17th St #117a, Fort Lauderdale, FL) and they will shuttle you to Port Everglades. They also have a shuttle that will pick you up after your cruise and take you to their location.

Flying in the day of your cruise? :confused: Don't mess around and just grab a cab.

Flying in a day early and heading to a hotel near PE? Then I agree with the above suggestion to rent a car. Good luck! :)

Flying in the day of your cruise? :confused: Don't mess around and just grab a cab.

Flying in a day early and heading to a hotel near PE? Then I agree with the above suggestion to rent a car. Good luck! :)

That depends on what time the OP is arriving and whether water, wine and sodas is important to them. If you look at their signature you can see they've been to the rodeo a time or two and know the drill.

Thanks for the reply, I agree if you can fly in a day early it is best but owning my own business sometime that is just not reality. I think I will just cab it. I am sure if I want to pick up a couple of things the cabbie will stop for a tip and although I could save a 20-30 $ by renting a car, checking in at the rental counter, gassing it up, returning it and waiting on a shuttle probably just is not worth the savings. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Thanks for the reply, I agree if you can fly in a day early it is best but owning my own business sometime that is just not reality. I think I will just cab it. I am sure if I want to pick up a couple of things the cabbie will stop for a tip and although I could save a 20-30 $ by renting a car, checking in at the rental counter, gassing it up, returning it and waiting on a shuttle probably just is not worth the savings. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Oh, the cabbie will definitely stop for a tip, but the meter will continue to run while you're in the store shopping adding another $20 to the cab fare.

Archived