Can you use an Open passage with a Tuesday Special

Cruiseskier

Does anyone have experience using an open passage with a Tuesday Special ? (U.S. resident).

No. There have even been times when you can not book a Tuesday special while you are onboard.

Does anyone have experience using an open passage with a Tuesday Special ? (U.S. resident).

I've tried twice and got rejected both times. The first time I tried to book directly with Celebrity and the agent (very nice) went through the whole booking process and at the end said she had to have the reservation "reviewed" before she could confirm it. The supervisor who reviewed the reservation rejected it. They said I could use the Passages certificate to apply the $200 I put down to buy the cert., but I would not get any OBC.

The second time, a year later, I used a very large online TA (an agency that touts its "Top Agency" awards from Celebrity and RCCL) and the agent there immediately told me "No" as far as using the cert. Agent did not even have to think about it or research it; she knew immediately it was not useable for a Tuesday special. (I included a link to the Tuesday special because someone is going to ask: "What the heck is a Tuesday special")

Booked a Tuesday special and X would not let us use the certificate for OBC. They were willing to allow us to pay the higher fair, i.e. $150 more per person, and use the passages certificate. That would mean I give them $300 and they give it back to me as OBC. Made no sense so I still have and "old" certificate.

Archived