Radiance of the Seas - family oceanview staterooms

Has anyone recently sailed on ROS and stayed at one of their family oceanview staterooms? Any photos to share? I know that usually rooms in the same category have same floor plan, but not for the family oceanview staterooms, i.e. 8500/8000 is different from 8002/8502.

I'd like to know what your preference would be if you happen to have seen/stayed at both of these rooms with different floor plans. (Photos will be much appreciated! There's only one custom photo on RCI's website for all these rooms, which doesn't help.)

TIA!

Has anyone recently sailed on ROS and stayed at one of their family oceanview staterooms? Any photos to share? I know that usually rooms in the same category have same floor plan, but not for the family oceanview staterooms, i.e. 8500/8000 is different from 8002/8502.

I'd like to know what your preference would be if you happen to have seen/stayed at both of these rooms with different floor plans. (Photos will be much appreciated! There's only one custom photo on RCI's website for all these rooms, which doesn't help.)

TIA!

We were in 8002 on the Jewel of the Seas for 2 different cruises. Jewel is a sister ship to Radiance so I hope this info helps you.

It was a large stateroom, but you could see the TV from the living room area or from the main bed. Our son slept in the separate area....sort of his own bedroom with a curtain for a door, although we never closed the curtain. He had his own dresser and closet.

The window was sort of like a bay window in that we could lay literature and various items there because it was wide enough. We could see port side out of window. Pardon the photo that shows the hall between the bathroom and the outer door...we hadn't put our luggage away yet. There was plenty of room for luggage since we had 2 closets.

The bathroom was the same normal size.

I would say the only down side would be it's a long walk forward to get to your room, but there's not much foot traffic so no noise to speak of. Our room even had a doorbell.

The only other downside was we missed our balcony.

S6000_1113_zpsca945482.jpg

S6000_1121_zpsb5a1141b.jpg

S6000_1120_zps7c4ef799.jpg

S6000_1119_zps1856ebb9.jpg

S6000_1116_zps6bfda913.jpg

S6000_1118_zps739cf25d.jpg

We sailed on Radiance 4 years ago in 8502. The layout was not the same as the layout shown in the pictures above. I don't have any pics though. Our stateroom had a square layout. The bathroom and a closet were nearest the door on opposite sides of the stateroom. The living room was on the right after this area and was about 8 x15 feet. There was a sofabed and two chairs. The secondary bedroom was on the left, had a twin and a pullman above as well as a large closet. It was separated from the living room by a full curtain and from the primary bedroom by a wall. It was furthest from the door, on the left and was about 8x8. The primary bedroom was about 8x10, had a desk and drawers. No closet or window. It was separated from the living area by a full curtain. The TV could swivel 180 degrees so you could view it from the living room or the primary bedroom. There was a large round window in the living room. Total square footage was about 300 sq ft.

It was the best layout of stateroom we've ever had on a ship, including the Navigator of the Seas family ocean view (6500).

Hello, yes we have cruised in 8002 on Radiance. It is exactly the same as the one in the photos. I don't know how to post photos. I agree with everything Cheryl H said.

There are 5 of us and we found it to be quite comfortable, even with the couch made into a bed, and a pax with a walker.

We are going on Radiance again in October, but this time we get a balcony, as I've just paid for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite, and 2 bathrooms.:D:D:D

I have stayed in both cabin 8000 (front of the ship) and 8502. Cabin 8502 wins hands down. The cabin is massive and we had 6 people in ours (3 adults, and 3 kids - 12, 10 & 7).

I will find a link to a post I did on the Australia thread as I posted pictures (I am posting from my iPad and can't figure out how to add pics lol).

I have stayed in both cabin 8000 (front of the ship) and 8502. Cabin 8502 wins hands down. The cabin is massive and we had 6 people in ours (3 adults, and 3 kids - 12, 10 & 7).

Thanks for the pics! I didn't know that Cabin 8502 was bigger than 8000/8500, since they look the same size on the deck plan (8000 even looks bigger). What is that long area sticking out near the door (-8502)?

1644720925_Screenshot2013-08-25at10_30_13AM.jpg.05e6cf2ce84ad65125a97f6eae10436c.jpg

Edited by t4tintin

Thanks for the pics! I didn't know that Cabin 8502 was bigger than 8000/8500, since they look the same size on the deck plan (8000 even looks bigger). What is that long area sticking out near the door (-8502)?

I'm not sure how it was for 8502...but for 8002, it was our entryway. We entered our room, and walked about 4 to 6 steps through our entryway/hall. It is sort of wasted space except I think there might have been a hook there to hang a jacket on. If you look at our picture above, you'll see that's where our suitcases were lined up before we unpacked them and moved them to one of the closets.

I'm not sure how it was for 8502...but for 8002, it was our entryway. We entered our room, and walked about 4 to 6 steps through our entryway/hall. It is sort of wasted space except I think there might have been a hook there to hang a jacket on. If you look at our picture above, you'll see that's where our suitcases were lined up before we unpacked them and moved them to one of the closets.

Yes it does seem to be wasted space, and if that piece of space was omitted, 8000/8500 would seem bigger than 8002/8502, wouldn't it?

I'm not sure. The pics of 8502 look totally different to me. The bedroom is separate from the living room by that furniture that has the TV on it. It looks like to me you have to swivel the TV around to see it from the living room/sofa bed, or swivel it back to see it from the main bed.

I sort of remember going to peek in 8000 on the first day before those people arrived. If I remember right, the windows were forward facing and I remember liking the set up in 8002 better.

We felt like we had lots of walking area around the center of the room. We liked 8002 so much that we booked it again.

In 8502 it's almost like a 2 bedroom suite. There is the small room with the bunks (this room was twice the size of the one in stateroom 8000), then there is the room next to it with the main bed. It also has a curtain partitioning it off from the lounge area (unlike 8000 that is more like a hotel room that has both the main bed and sofa bed right next to each other). The tv is sitting on a full length unit and can be swiveled to face either the bedroom or the lounge room. There were 2 desks - one in the living area and one in the main bedroom area. There is no wasted space in this room at all. It's just massive. I will see if I have any other pics I can post for you of both rooms.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
In 8502 it's almost like a 2 bedroom suite. There is the small room with the bunks (this room was twice the size of the one in stateroom 8000), then there is the room next to it with the main bed. It also has a curtain partitioning it off from the lounge area (unlike 8000 that is more like a hotel room that has both the main bed and sofa bed right next to each other). The tv is sitting on a full length unit and can be swiveled to face either the bedroom or the lounge room. There were 2 desks - one in the living area and one in the main bedroom area. There is no wasted space in this room at all. It's just massive. I will see if I have any other pics I can post for you of both rooms.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Brossy,

Any chance you could post some pics of 8000? 8502 is already taken and they put me in 8000 but it sounds like 8002 might be better. I have found numerous pics of 8502 and 8002 but can't find any of 8000. Thanks!

• 1 year later...