Thomson Celebration Drinks pagkage

I just got back from a two week cruise on the Thomson Celebration. I booked the drinks package and I was very disappointed with what you got. There was no choice of white wine - you could only have le Piat D’or (!??!!), but worse than this bottled water wasn't included. Am I the only one who thinks this is rubbish?

I just got back from a two week cruise on the Thomson Celebration. I booked the drinks package and I was very disappointed with what you got. There was no choice of white wine - you could only have le Piat D’or (!??!!), but worse than this bottled water wasn't included. Am I the only one who thinks this is rubbish?

Piat D'Or is rubbish, IMO. :eek: Hope that is not the AI wine on Majesty now. The wine in March and last September was fine for an AI wine. Think it was called Charton.

We were very satisfied with the drinks package - couldn't complain at all. The white wine varied for us; some nights it was Piat D'or & other nights it was something else - quite acceptable but I must admit we were rather partial to the rosé wine this year & tended to drink that.

Bottled water is never included on the package and never has been but it's cheap enough to buy when you get off the ship & bring it back onboard or we could easily get it from the Lido in glasses with ice (or other bars). We used to bring a large bottle back & put it in our ice bucket which was re-filled twice a day to keep it cool :)

Depends how much you paid for the package but the amount of soft drinks, coffees, iced coffee, cocktails, cider, spirits & wine we drank, I think it would cost us hundreds to buy looking at the prices on the menu (there were 4 of us!)

agree on the piat d'or gh:eek::eek:r! imo the red is particularly undrinkable!

comon thoms? do something about the housewine....platinum ships serving la piat d'or!!?:(....surely you can find something marginally palatable?:rolleyes:

Cannot comment on the wine. We have been going on the Dream since it first went in service with thomson in 2010. Water as never been include but was at a discounted price. As to other drinks we had always found it good until May this year When we found a vast amount of branded drinks have been taken off the AI package.If you are getting it at a free or discounted price yes ok ,but I would not pay the full price now

I am so not impressed to hear this :(

I have just paid £398 for 1 week for 2 of us, for that I at least expect a choice of wine with my dinner! Added to which my recollection of Piat D'or is it is rubbish we used to use in cooking in the 80's.

I am so not impressed to hear this :(

I have just paid £398 for 1 week for 2 of us, for that I at least expect a choice of wine with my dinner! Added to which my recollection of Piat D'or is it is rubbish we used to use in cooking in the 80's.

I would not have paid £200 each for a week's AI - can you get it removed or is it too late??? If not, I would make the most of all the cocktails, spirits, coffees & as much as you can. You can buy bottles of wine for £15+; might have been better to do that - I am sure you would not have spent £400 in a week paying as you go!

The wine was quite acceptable but maybe not if that's what you've paid :(

We decided not to pay £398 each for the AI for our 2 weeks on Dream in January as I could not imagine drinking nearly £800 worth in a couple of weeks when most days would be spent ashore. Just checked my OBC sheet, and we spent £191 in 2 weeks.

We could have drunk more wine or cocktails I suppose, but did drink what we wanted when we wanted and had a drink or two every night. Coffee was the free ones from Lido as I like it weak and was fine making my own there.

Having a go at free AI on IE in October so will see what difference it makes, but I would never pay the massive amounts they want normally as I would be pickled!!!!

We were very satisfied with the drinks package - couldn't complain at all. The white wine varied for us; some nights it was Piat D'or & other nights it was something else - quite acceptable but I must admit we were rather partial to the rosé wine this year & tended to drink that.

Bottled water is never included on the package and never has been but it's cheap enough to buy when you get off the ship & bring it back onboard or we could easily get it from the Lido in glasses with ice (or other bars). We used to bring a large bottle back & put it in our ice bucket which was re-filled twice a day to keep it cool :)

Depends how much you paid for the package but the amount of soft drinks, coffees, iced coffee, cocktails, cider, spirits & wine we drank, I think it would cost us hundreds to buy looking at the prices on the menu (there were 4 of us!)

Jules we had champagne on ice in room:-) pre ordered, once used bucket was taken away, but it had melted before we drank it lol and not replenished

We also had an ice bucket at bar area in suite, this was never filled or never offered to be filled, we even bought bottles water for our room

I had read that other ships get supplied with jugs water beside kettle, not on celebration, I did ask was told not to use tap water but recommended to buy bottles,

We also brought down water each night from the bar, cold with ice for through the night

So if you had ice bucket, you were treated:D

Jules we had champagne on ice in room:-) pre ordered, once used bucket was taken away, but it had melted before we drank it lol and not replenished

We also had an ice bucket at bar area in suite, this was never filled or never offered to be filled, we even bought bottles water for our room

I had read that other ships get supplied with jugs water beside kettle, not on celebration, I did ask was told not to use tap water but recommended to buy bottles,

We also brought down water each night from the bar, cold with ice for through the night

So if you had ice bucket, you were treated:D

We have always had an ice bucket on the Celebration & this year just asked the Steward a couple of times to re-fill it. After that, she just refilled it every day for us without us asking!! Used to bring back cans of juice for our son from our days out as he doesn't drink fizzy so he would often have a drink in the cabin - this was never questioned even though I think the buckets are really for using for their cans & bottles of water that they supply & want you to buy!

We used the tap water for our kettle with no adverse effects; still here to tell the tale!!!

yep, I have noticed this too....thatthey dont provide ice in the early evening anymore?...you have to track down the steward or go to one of the bars to get the bucket filled

the ice machines in lido are complete rubbish! (especially on dream....if you are lucky a sliver of ice may drop out?) I have noticed that the humble ice cube is becoming a hard to find and much sought after commodity with much queuing at the ice machines

the tap water is safe to drink and boil in the kettle but it is heavily chlorinated and affects the taste of the tea (I hate bits/floaters in my beverage.......sacrilege for us brits)

on the dream the tap water often has a brown tinge to it?:confused:

yep, I have noticed this too....thatthey dont provide ice in the early evening anymore?...you have to track down the steward or go to one of the bars to get the bucket filled

the ice machines in lido are complete rubbish! (especially on dream....if you are lucky a sliver of ice may drop out?) I have noticed that the humble ice cube is becoming a hard to find and much sought after commodity with much queuing at the ice machines

the tap water is safe to drink and boil in the kettle but it is heavily chlorinated and affects the taste of the tea (I hate bits/floaters in my beverage.......sacrilege for us brits)

We must have had a good steward; our ice was changed twice daily! There was no ice machine in Lido deck though...

We have always had an ice bucket on the Celebration & this year just asked the Steward a couple of times to re-fill it. After that, she just refilled it every day for us without us asking!! Used to bring back cans of juice for our son from our days out as he doesn't drink fizzy so he would often have a drink in the cabin - this was never questioned even though I think the buckets are really for using for their cans & bottles of water that they supply & want you to buy!

We used the tap water for our kettle with no adverse effects; still here to tell the tale!!!

I saw the ice machines at the Stewards Room but we never got any

When I asked about jug water I was told this is not provided

I would need to buy

I suggested using the melted ice in champagne bucket for kettle, hint hint need some more lol this was not acted on

But do you know what Jules, I am better educated for any future cruises:-)

Archived