Voyager Stockholm-London

Responder

I couldn't justify looking at the appearance of a stained carpet given the price of the cruise. Perhaps I am picky, but I am the type of customer with the disposable income to travel in the luxury segment, so these things do matter to many.

So this tells me that you are willing to live with a defective carpet for 2.5 years before dealing with it? That's not acceptable. Not for a 6 star cruise line!

The arrogance and entitlement shown in the two quoted comments are somewhat disturbing.

We have a good number of Voyager cruises on our record and have never had the slightest concern regarding rigorous and vigorous maintenance of the ship (including the carpets). If the way the nap works on the carpets makes them look a bit peculiar, that is a matter of merely the most passing concern (even for those of us "with the disposable income to travel in the luxury segment" ;) ).

Yikes, if the nap of the carpet sets one's cruise awry, then one might consider finding a different boat on which to float.

As for us, we will be boarding the lovely little Navigator three weeks from Monday in NYC and will be paying very scant attention to the lay of the carpet. Maybe we understand "luxury" cruising in a bit different sense than some other posters.

Cheers, Fred

The arrogance and entitlement shown in the two quoted comments are somewhat disturbing.

We have a good number of Voyager cruises on our record and have never had the slightest concern regarding rigorous and vigorous maintenance of the ship (including the carpets). If the way the nap works on the carpets makes them look a bit peculiar, that is a matter of merely the most passing concern (even for those of us "with the disposable income to travel in the luxury segment" ;) ).

Yikes, if the nap of the carpet sets one's cruise awry, then one might consider finding a different boat on which to float.

As for us, we will be boarding the lovely little Navigator three weeks from Monday in NYC and will be paying very scant attention to the lay of the carpet. Maybe we understand "luxury" cruising in a bit different sense than some other posters.

Cheers, Fred

Could not have said it better! Sadly some people are just "glass is half empty" kinda folks. I too, have a very hard time believing that the "nap" of perfectly good carpet is causing so much uproar.

Wishing I could sail ANY Regent ship this year.

We got off Sept. 2nd in Southampton. FYI the Voyager is going into dry dock in Oct. or Nov. The carpet is all being replaced as are the drapes and there will be a new color scheme in the suites. Our cruise was wonderful!! Didn't notice the carpets. We had PH 862. When we first entered the suite, it was hot and the air wasn't working. I found the general manager, Franck and he acted quickly. He had came to the suite himself and had the engineers up there. The problem was fixed immediately and there were no further problems with the A/C. Franck checked on us throughout the 12 night cruise. He is an excellent manager and is on top of enerything on that ship. Our Butler, Sukish was very good and we felt very comfortable with him. He served us an entire dinner in our suite and many breakfasts. The assistant head waiter, Joey Ocampo, did something very special for us. I asked if they ever served sticky buns. He said to give him 24 hrs notice and had them specially made and sent to our suite for breakfast. Now, that is 6 star service! I will write a review later of the entire Baltic cruise. We spent 5 nights in London post cruise & too tired to write now. You will love this ship. Don't worry, we found it very pleasing! J & J

I'm glad to see that others appreciated this cruise as well as we did.

Throughout the cruise, management asked the passengers to tell them if anything was wrong.

I suggested that perhaps they should ask the passengers what was right.

For us, everything was right. And to reiterate, in all our years of cruising, this was without question, the best cruise we have ever experienced.

Archived