Fairbanks and Vancouver accommodation help needed!

MsB1254

We are going on a land tour and then on the Celebrity Millennium next year and are staying one extra night in Fairbanks and two in Vancouver. Could anyone please give suggestions on where to stay?? Any help would be appreciated.

It depends on your budget, and what kind of lodging you're looking for .... hotel, b&b, upscale, budget. And do you need to be located near a specific area? In Fairbanks will you have a car? If you're joining a cruisetour can you stay at the same hotel if you arrive early?

Look at the thread called "2013 Alaska cruise review list" and read comments from others travellers about their lodging choices. The thread is probably near the bottom of the page or on pg 2.

I can't help you with Anchorage as when we were there we were on a B/B so did not have need of accommodation. Fortunately, Vancouver's downtown is quite compact so all of the downtown hotels are pretty much within a mile of Canada Place or less than a $10 cab ride. However, here is a list of many 3*+ hotels that are within 6 to 8 blocks of Canada Place:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Renaissance

Hyatt Regency

Fairmont Vancouver

Tower at the Terminal City Club

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place (about 8.5 blocks)

Sheraton at the Wall Centre (about 10 blocks)

le Soleil

The Wedgewood

One that I have not listed only because it is a little further from Canada Place is the Blue Horizon. It is a very, well run, well located property that is extremely popular with cruisers.

MsB1254: Are you interested in staying at the same hotel as used by your cruise tour? Several years ago I was waiting to pick up my husband at FAI and wandered over to the Celebrity/Royal Caribbean tour desk. They use more than one hotel. If you post which cruise tour option you are considering (ie, the number) then someone who has taken the same cruise tour can tell you where they stayed.

But my recollection is that Celebrity/Royal Caribbean (they use the same coaches) uses Pike's Waterfront, and two of the Fountainhead properties (Sophie Station and the Bear Lodge).

Stayed at the Pan Pacific about 3 years ago...literally walking distance to the pier...very nice hotel..

Actually the Pan Pacific forms part of Canada Place and you only have to take an elevator down and walk a few steps to the pier. Another nice thing about the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel across the street is that they will transfer your luggage from your room and then the next thing you know it will turn in your cabin on the ship.:)

Archived