SCENIC River Cruise customer issue

SeattleDA

We took an 8 day Scenic Cruise of the Danube this summer. The air conditioning in the public rooms on our ship, the Pearl, did not work for the first 4 days. The captain had the crew spraying water onto the roof of the ship through a hose, to try to cool down the lounge and dining room, but it was very hot without working a/c, especially in the lounge which was unbearable after about 11 in the morning. We have been offered no compensation or even a credit toward a future cruise. We ended up being transfered by bus to a different ship, the Diamond, not because of the a/c malfunction, but due to a lock on the river being damaged by the flood. All in all, we enjoyed river cruising but are disappointed that Scenic has not stepped up to at least offer a future credit due to the mechanical malfunction.

to complain.Had cabin problem on a large ship and contacted customer service,repeatedly.Finally, got a refund.But you must be persistant.I agree Scenic SHOULD offer compensation,but sadly YOU must demand it in many cases.

Do let us know what happens.

And perhaps Scenic will post an update.My TA had some problems booking my Scenic cruise and customer service posted response and dealt with problem.:confused:

Were the outside public areas not open for you to sit?

Was the A/C in your cabin not working?

Could you not sit on your balconey?

During the day if the ship was docked, could you not get off the ship and tour the area?

I'm sorry but I don't see how this requires compensation.

The lounge is heavily promoted in Scenic's advertising and is the location for all entertainment, daily updates from the cruise director, talks about sites and history and relaxation. The dining room was also impacted by the lack of a/c. I believe it is Scenic's responsibility to maintain basic systems such as a/c so that the entire ship can be enjoyed. The captain was so distressed by this that he had a crew member spraying water on the roof of the ship to try to cool things down (it didn't help but we appreciated the effort).

Archived