Allure Departing Port Everglades & Nassau - Time Lapse

NMG318

Nicely done. I especially like the video from Nassau using the aft portion of the ship. Which camera did you use?

I was using a GoPro Hero2. I took it from the starboard aft deck 11 secret balcony.

I was using a GoPro Hero2. I took it from the starboard aft deck 11 secret balcony.

We just recently purchased a GoPro Hero3. Love the videos you can get (took one on a helicopter tour that turned out fantastic) but have not tried time lapse yet. Want to try time lapse on upcoming cruise out of Tampa (going under the bridge, etc.) What settings did you use? One picture every minute? 30 seconds? 5 minutes? I think your settings were just right!

We just recently purchased a GoPro Hero3. Love the videos you can get (took one on a helicopter tour that turned out fantastic) but have not tried time lapse yet. Want to try time lapse on upcoming cruise out of Tampa (going under the bridge, etc.) What settings did you use? One picture every minute? 30 seconds? 5 minutes? I think your settings were just right!

I took one picture every 5 seconds and then played them back at approx 12 pictures per second.

We love this camera. Great sports camera for video and pictures. A word of advice. I am not sure if Hero3 has two cases, one waterproof and one slotted in the back for better sound, but if it does, if you use it underwater double check you have the right case.

Thanks for sharing your creation.

Question - is the Port Everglades animation done from a deck 14 balcony, and if so would you share the cabin #? I'm curious about the effects of the overhang and how much it really blocks the view of the sky above. I know the far-forward deck 14 balconies have less overhang and wondered if that was one of them. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your creation.

Question - is the Port Everglades animation done from a deck 14 balcony, and if so would you share the cabin #? I'm curious about the effects of the overhang and how much it really blocks the view of the sky above. I know the far-forward deck 14 balconies have less overhang and wondered if that was one of them. Thanks!

I had the camera on a tripod on deck 11 (11606). It is the first cabin on the forward hump which gave me a slightly better unobstructed rear view (because my cabin stuck out a little). I don't think any balcony overhang would be an issue since you would probably be pointing the camera down slightly. The balcony partitions would be more of a concern. You can get suction cups (designed for use by cameras) that attach to the partitions that would help give you a better view. Just make sure you put in on a spot that allows the camera to fall onto the balcony if it comes loose (or attach it to a lanyard). That is what I used for the Nassau video.

I took one picture every 5 seconds and then played them back at approx 12 pictures per second.

We love this camera. Great sports camera for video and pictures. A word of advice. I am not sure if Hero3 has two cases, one waterproof and one slotted in the back for better sound, but if it does, if you use it underwater double check you have the right case.

Thanks for your advice!

Archived