A few hours in the morning at the beach?

canadarocks

I've booked a ship's excursion at 2:00pm and we dock at 8:00am on a Sunday in March. I think a visit to the beach would be fun, but obviously I want to be careful of the timing.

If we got off the ship at around 9:00am, would it be feasible to take the bus to Eagle Beach or Palm Beach for a few hours and then bus back? How often does the bus go by and how long a ride is it to and from both of these beaches?

Does the fact that we'll be there on a Sunday make a difference with the bus schedule? Or would a taxi be more prudent? :confused:

I would take the bus to the beach. To maximize your beach time, if you are at Eagle beach, for $10 (for a maximum of 5 people) then take a taxi back to the ship.

The bus schedule for L10 is posted at arubus.com but it is hard to say what time you will arrive at either destination. It depends upon how many people are on the bus needing to get off, and how many people, if any, are waiting at stops to get on board.

I would take the bus to the beach. To maximize your beach time, if you are at Eagle beach, for $10 (for a maximum of 5 people) then take a taxi back to the ship.

The bus schedule for L10 is posted at arubus.com but it is hard to say what time you will arrive at either destination. It depends upon how many people are on the bus needing to get off, and how many people, if any, are waiting at stops to get on board.

Thanks for the advice. If I've read correctly, it will be just under $5 for the two of us to take a bus correct?

Will a taxi back from Eagle Beach be easy to get on a Sunday late morning?

I believe bus fare now is $2.60 roundtrip per person. If you taxi back you will only need one way so cheap.

If you don't see taxis passing by, I am sure someone at one of the resorts could phone a taxi for you. As a matter of fact, when you get there and figure out where you are going to be situated, ask someone the best and fastest way to get a taxi so you know how much time to allot to get back to the ship. Whether you take the bus or taxi, you will also have to have dry bathing suits ;)

Archived