How tall are the showers on the Freedom of the Seas?

mjonis

Will be booking FOS, either D1 Superior Balcony and/or Family/Large OceanView.

I see all 3 room types have showers.

How tall are the showers?

I ask because one of us is rather tall (6' 6") and it's been VERY tight on say, Carnival.

Also, anyone know the height of said shower, in a Junior Suite (since it's a tub/shower combo instead of just a shower) on the same ship?

Odd questions, I know, but maybe someone's going to be on one and can measure for me (haha).

I have not measuered the showers, so can only go by my experience being 6'2". Height wise the showers are better than the tub/showers in JS / GS. But at 6'6" I think you will still be having Problems, especially as the shower head is lower than the ceiling.

The tub/showers are definitely lower than single showers. Standing upright in the tub my head reaches the ceiling and to wash your hair you Need to bend over to get your hair under the shower head. Of course this is easier in the tub than in the single shower because of the space provided.

Bigger and higher shower stalls can be found in the Sauna area.

Just a hint... If you want a larger shower... head to the gym/spa. The showers are much larger, taller and nicer. On our first cruise (and the only time we had 4 adults in a cabin LOL) we would shower at the gym, because it was impossible for 4 women to get ready at the same time.

You are on vacation! Who cares, jump in a pool!!

On a serious note. It would be tough all around in the stand up shower. Being that tall it would be hard to bend down far enough to get your head under due to the shower just being a little tube. I'm only 5'11" and fairly thin. I still feel like a clog in a drain using that thing.

But you do what you need to because cruising is worth it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My husband is 6'10 and really had no issues with the showers in the room. Not to say that there is ton of space, but the shower is adjustable and it can be removed from the holder. It is big enough to get the job done. To be honest, the hardest part for him is walking down the hallways to not hit the fire extinguishers there... but he just ducks to the side. He is used to having to duck under doorways at home so no big thing he always says!!!

Hope that helps.

We have been on Independence & Liberty, Freedom's sister ships.

Mr Chew is 6'4" and says that he had at least 2-3" of clearance at the top, but it wasn't a problem because he could unhook the shower head and use it by hand to rinse.

Archived