Orlndo arpt to Prt Canaveral??

How are most getting from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral and how much would the transportation cost? I know it's about 45 miles.

Have two cruises on hold for Oct '06. Royal Caribbean or Princess. Both to the Eastern Caribbean. Just trying to decide on the cruise line. Both are priced about the same, and we have been on Princess before (loved it). RC departs out of Port Canaveral near Orlando, and Princess departs out of Port Everglades in Ft Laurderdale. Port Everglades is less than 5 miles from the airport. (Convenient).

Ins. cost is more on Princess $89 and only $59 on RC. So the transportation cost to port might actually even out.

I welcome your comments or suggestions regarding this issue. Especially for those who have been on both, RC & Princess. Thanks in advance!

We have decided to rent a car from budget, It seems to give us the most freedom plus it actually will cost us less than transfers, shuttles or cab fare. We will be going in a day ahead of our cruise and a 24hour rental cost us $47.00. We pickup at the airport and return near the port, and they shuttle us free to ship. We they got me is the return from port to airport. We have about 6 hours to kill before our flight returning home take off so we again rented a car for freedom to look around and spend some time enjoying FL and not sitting in the airport! The 6 hour rental is $65!! Go figure. But from what I understand the RC transfer would cost the sme or more and We wopuld be sitting in the airport for 5-6 hours.

Pam, I have been looking into transportaion for our trip in Oct. on the Mariner. Art's Shuttle is $60 for the first 3 passengers and $5 for each additional passenger. RCCL transfers are $25 per person. I am using Sir Randolphs Limo service and it is $115 for 7 of us and that includes the tip.

Insurance it would be less expensive going through an independent ins.co. You could check out www.insuremytrip. Then you could decide which co. is the best for you.

Hope this helps

We always rent a car when we go out of PC...rent at the airport through Budget or Avis. We used Budget in Dec. Cheaper than Avis. I think coming from the airport was about 35.00....going back was about 40.00.

Got in the night before. Went to dinner, shopped at Ron Jon's and did a little last minute shopping in the morning at the grocery store. Dropped our car off around 9:30...they had a van pick us up a few minutes later and we were off! They're only minutes away....Dropped us off at the front right by the porters who took our luggage.

Then when we got off the ship, they had vans coming all the time in the parking lot. (they'll show u where) VERY easy to do this! Will do this next yr. again. Then they can pick u up and take u back to their rental agency and u can drive back to the airport when u need to go.

P.A. - Hello from a longtime Anadarko, OK resident! Try calling the Cocoa Beach Shuttle Service - 1-800-633-0427. I've made plans to use their service and it only costs $24 one way! The leave the Orlando airport at 9 am, 11, am, 1 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm and 7 pm. heading to the Cocoa Beach area, and make a return trip to the airport a half hour after arriving in Cocoa Beach.

We're staying at the Best Western Oceanfront Resort in Cocoa Beach in October (reasonable rates with an oceanview room, right on the beach and with a heated pool). We can park for free at the hotel during our cruise and get free shuttle service to the ship which will be docked a short distance away at Port Canaveral.

I spoke with a man named "Tex" who is of course from Texas. Had a great time ribbing him about Oklahoma vs. Texas teams. Give them a call and see if you can save some bucks.

Have a great cruise!

Cindy

Archived