Renovation of R Class Oceania ships

Rotterdam

An unfortunate choice of words as O's mattresses are the best out there on both classes of ships. From what I understand even A has updated their mattresses now.

I don't mind "freshening" up the R ships (replacing worn carpets, fabrics, furniture as needed, etc) but I would prefer that they keep their character and their own charm.

After all, you and everyone else has a choice - if you want modern go O class, for tradition go with R.

Even better go on both as "variety is the spice of life."

Hopefully not..

Many of us love the R ships the way they are and the atmosphere

they exude. The coffee bar and the grill and showers in the Owners Suites will however be a big improvement.

Sir:I enjoy the give and take on this board, as much for the personal whimsy as for the information. But "exude"? Well, I've only sailed on the O class, so perhaps the atmosphere on the smaller vessels does ooze.icon10.gif

If anything the decor on the Azamara twins is slightly more muted in comparison as they were later builds' date=' and tastes were slowly changing.[/quote']

It has nothing to do with them being later builds and the difference in build year is just two years, as I recall. The change in decor came about when Celebrity bought the two ships and decided to change up some of the decor to differentiate the ships from Oceania's and Princess' R-ships. The ships, which they originally dubbed Celebrity Journey and Celebrity Quest, still referred to staterooms with Celebrity's vernacular, e.g. "Sky Suite".

The biggest difference in public decor can be seen and compared in the following photos of the Grand Staircase:

Oceania:

tumblr_lto4qr1KIa1r0etywo1_500.jpg

Azamara:

azamara-journey-photos-3.jpg

Archived