Live from the Ruby 9/9-9/21 Greek Isles

WendyG

I LOVE the shops here in this port right by the ship. I did not have enough time to do much damage, but I could have spent hours at these stores.

By the way, if anyone is curious and if I haven’t mentioned it, no one bothers you when you bring wine onboard. We have bought a bottle in every port to have at sailaway, and no one says a word.

A woman after my own heart. Wine, trivia and shopping!

Jacqui,

Thanks for all the good info. I'd like to know more about how to get the boat in Santorini. I'm sold.

Nancy

Hi Nancy, when you get off the tender in Santorini, there's a few little shops n stuff. The boat place is clearly signed - you can't miss it. Actually when we were in Santorini, there was a factory fire resulting in a power cut. When we were ready to go, we reluctantly started heading for the steps down (no cablecar), when a uniformed hero walked up shouting, "Other arrangements for Princess passengers". They bussed us to another part of the island where a tender picked us up. The steps up/down in Santorini are not pleasant - we heard there are donkeys and their byproducts everywhere and it's very smelly!

We also did the boat transfer in Mykonos - it was very quick and a lot of fun for only 2 euros each way.

I wish I was going again.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

We had a lovely day in Croatia (we are just leaving) there were two missing passengers but apparently they have been found since the commodore came on the loudspeaker to let us know we are now ready to go.)

Princess offers an independent shuttle for a cost of 10 euro per person round trip to the old city if you are not on a tour and we elected to take a taxi into the city which cost 10 euro total for four people. The taxis also offer an hour tour of the entire city with five stops for 50 euro for four people. We just walked around the old city (what a lovely place) but we didn’t climb the wall to walk it. This was our 7th day in a row in port and let me tell you, it’s exhausting!

 The weather was perfect, 72 and sunshine and we stopped for drinks and wifi (3 coke zeros were $10) I did buy a lovely pair of hoop earrings that I probably paid too much for, but I love them so I don’t care. We did a boat tour around the city for 5 euro each (they all charge 10 but I’m a bargainer!) and we got back to the ship around 2 and they have a few shops right next to the ship so we browsed in there and hit the wine store for stock since tomorrow is our last sea day.

We went to afternoon trivia and we won again YAY! The people were complaining that they asked all American questions and that’s why we won, but I was the only American on my team! We had three Canadians and two Aussies. Boogie (cruise staff) asked how many Americans were in the room and about 3 people raised their hands out of 20 + teams. I was rather surprised.

International crew show tonight but first they have are you smarter than a crew member so we are going to that next.

No dinner, we ate a late lunch so just having some wine watching the sailaway :D

Looking forward to a day of nothing tomorrow! :) 

Hi - we were on this trip just before you - and we also found it easy to bring on wine etc. The duty free shop is at most of the pier areas and no one seemed to get stopped although we had to go through customs and had plainly marked Duty Free bags. I think it seems to be just your luck .. and no one was bringing vast quantities it seemed.

Great to hear how good a time you have had. We are lucky enough to be following you in three weeks.

Do you happen by any chance to know who is playing in Crooners?

How have the entertainers and shows been. Any must sees?

Hope you don't mind all these questions?

Thanks

Great to hear how good a time you have had. We are lucky enough to be following you in three weeks.

Do you happen by any chance to know who is playing in Crooners?

How have the entertainers and shows been. Any must sees?

Hope you don't mind all these questions?

Thanks

Hi

Tommy McPhee was playing in Crooners. Dan Styne was the cruise director and he was better than either comedian they had onboard. I didn't go to any production shows but heard they were all good!

The staff at Skywalkers is awesome, please tell Joel the bartender and Ivana the tall blonde from Serbia that Wendy says hi :)

Wendy, thanks for sharing your experiences on this cruise. This is a great itinerary, and I'm in serious withdrawal since our cruise on the Royal last month. The sunset celebration in Santorini sounds amazing. How was it?

The sunset was nice, I've seen a lot of nice sunsets though :)

We had an aft suite so had a front row shot.

1186243_10201539074414841_499970396_n.jpg.e7efe8a2bf76b6de487be6f53d2f8318.jpg

Hi

Tommy McPhee was playing in Crooners. Dan Styne was the cruise director and he was better than either comedian they had onboard. I didn't go to any production shows but heard they were all good!

The staff at Skywalkers is awesome, please tell Joel the bartender and Ivana the tall blonde from Serbia that Wendy says hi :)

Thank you so much.

I don't know Tommy McPhee so it will be interesting to hear somebody new.

I cannot agree with you more about Dan Styne. He was our CD last year and made us laugh so much. We should start a fan club!

Sorry but Skywalkers is not quite us I'm afraid. However, staff move around so will watch out for these two and be sure to pass on your good wishes etc

Colin

Archived