Cheers! program on 5 day cruise out of Galveston (Triumph)

dillpunk

Hi! My first post here is about booze. Obviously I am getting started on the right foot. My question is for anyone who has taken part in the Cheers! program on a 5 day cruise out of Galveston (we will be on the triumph). I have heard that the program cannot be bought until the second day of the cruise due to alcohol regulations in Texas. How does this work? Will I only be buying the Cheers program for 4 days? I am trying to sort this out so my wife and I can put together a budget for the cruise. I hate having to fly blind when it comes to these kinds of things and its always nice to have a savings target to shoot for. Too bad Carnival won't sell this program in advance so we could know for sure...

I haven't purchased it personally, but if you buy it the second day, you'll only be charged for that day and the remaining days. You won't buy it for the first day. But the first day's drinks will have to be purchased individually.

I would love to purchase it for the first day but I have heard Texas is weird about all-you-can-drink packages due to blue laws. Thanks for your input!

From what I have read on other posts you would be purchasing for a total of 4 days.

Here is what the other said:

The price on Triumph and Magic is $49.95 per person/per day PLUS 15%

gratuity. Total $57.45 per person/per day.

Everyone 21 and over in the cabin must purchase, and remember that

due to Texas Alcohol laws, you cannot purchase the Cheers Program on Triumph and Magic until the second day.

Archived