Princess Aruba Shore Excursions

Host Jazzbeau

I have wish listed AUA-655 (Semi-Submarine, Shipwreck & Island Drive) and AUA-670 (Atlantis Submarine Expedition).

The Semi-Sub tour includes sightseeing around the island, lasts 4 hours, and costs less. The Atlantis Sub goes down much further underwater but costs a lot for 2 hours.

Anybody have experience or suggestions?

We did the first one. Other than a boring stop at the lighthouse, it was OK, I would have rather skipped that and spent more time at the rock gardens.

That said, I'd post on the port of call forum and see what Private tours they recommend. I didn't find any of the Princess offerings to be very favorably commented on later that day.

I have wish listed AUA-655 (Semi-Submarine, Shipwreck & Island Drive) and AUA-670 (Atlantis Submarine Expedition).

The Semi-Sub tour includes sightseeing around the island, lasts 4 hours, and costs less. The Atlantis Sub goes down much further underwater but costs a lot for 2 hours.

If you don't Scuba or Snorkle then the Atlantis is the way to see the underwater world. With the Atlantis wind, rain won't be factors unless it is a hurricane.;) Last time in Arruba I walked to the hill you can see from the ship, climbed it, then walked back to the ship. Very interesting walking on the dusty neighborhood steets and seeing all the colorful Iguanas on the roofs and walls.

For our stop there next Spring we are thinking of taking one of the Segway

tours. That sounds better to me than being stuck in a bus and a little more adventureous. Never been on a Segway before so should be fun.:o

Archived