Being Solo on the Allure

wilderman

• 2 weeks later...
Will tell me my experience when i come back :)

I'm 31 y o and hope to meet people there and having fun !!!

Anyone also going on the 15 !?

So, how did you like your first solo cruise? Which cruise line? Was there many solo / singles?

I will probably be going on another Caribbean cruise this spring, maybe not with same cruise line.

Female traveler

So, how did you like your first solo cruise? Which cruise line? Was there many solo / singles?

I will probably be going on another Caribbean cruise this spring, maybe not with same cruise line.

Female traveler

Honnestly :( Was not a So much great experience, i hope all the week long to meet people there, try to getting friends easily... i think most of the time, people was there with gf and bf or with family and not too much interested to spend some times for dinner with new people like me i think :S

I went to all the club, waiting for someone to be alone or seeing other people that seems easy to speak to, i'm a barman in my sparetime and love to meet people and talk to different people.... i found that a little boring to be alone in this big ship and dont have any kind of 'particular' attention because i was alone......

Even the front desk... was like... just reading me the cruise compass wich i notice the single and solo traveler get together, and there was like 1 or 2 person show up......

Maybe will return, but on a different ship or cruise line ? i dont know if this is the same everywhere

What i really liked was the Quality and the staff overall was perfect, i eated well, i drinked well, and the quality was just perfect !!!

Do you expect to travel alone to ? Next year ? what is your age if this is not too much indiscret... thx,

Mark

Sorry it didn't work out well for you.

I somehow had a feeling that Oasis/Allure wouldn't be a good choice for solos.

If you still want to consider a large and newish ship do consider the Studios on NCL Epic. With it's private lounge for the studios, and the daily happy hour there, its much easier to mingle with other cruisers. It may not necessarily be all purely solo cruisers staying in the Studios but I found the people generally sociable.

• 3 weeks later...

I somehow had a feeling that Oasis/Allure wouldn't be a good choice for solos.

I had a FANTASTIC time solo on the Allure and with only a 10% solo supplement and I earned double points! Unlike the OP, I wasn't there to meet people, I was there to enjoy the cruise. I posted a review if anyone is interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1927866

Archived