Pride 09/01 Review...Detailed w/Pics

teetee6263

This is a great review. We are going on the Nov. 30, 2014, last Pride sailing out of Baltimore. We've been on the Miracle and the Legend, sister ships of the Pride, and love the layout.

Your photos are wonderful. I can't wait to read and see more. I don't know how I'm going to wait until our sailing, but I will.

excited to read your review. I love the Pride. Can't wait to read some more.

Thanks, she really is a great ship.

Ha! As I was reading along in your post, I was wondering if you ever got to that nap. I always have intentions of taking a nap too, but could never sleep when there is so much to see and do!

We also have a interior with a French door for our upcoming cruise on the Pride, what did you think of it?

Hope to see many more pictures!!

I only had 2 hours of sleep the night before and dozed in & out during the 3 hr train ride, so I really thought I was gonna take that nap. I was dead tired & exhausted when we got off that train, but the closer we got to the ship the more I woke up & once we were on board I was wide awake with a burst of energy...LOL.

The French door was great, it gave us plenty of natural light. One of the beds was blocking the door so we couldn't open all the way, other than that I loved it.

Love the Pride. Will be on her in 9 days. Keep the review going. Love the Pixs.

Thanks...Have a great trip!!!

Wow great review with wonderful pictures!!! You guys look like you had a blast!!!

Thanks!

Thanks, yes we did. I knew I was gonna have a great time, but it really exceeded my expectations.

The MDR table is a bit ridiculous. Squeezing 3 in a 2 top is not good.

Enjoying your pics!

Thanks. Yeah we were a little cramped, but made the most of it.

thanks for sharing was great seeing all the pics! Sailing on her for the first time in January can't wait!!!

Thank you, I'm sure you'll have a great time & hopefully January will be here before you know it...I'm also cruising in Jan, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.;)

Ok Great Pictures.. Im on the computer now.. so can see them all.:)

Thanks...I think it was something with the app because it worked fine when I went through safari.

I'm following because I am on the Pride in January. :)

Hummm...I think I saw your pics somewhere else too. :p

LOL....with over 1000 pictures I'll try to switch them up for you.:) Thanks for reading.

This is my only complaint about our Carnival cruises! We are a family of 5 (not skinny!!) people. Every single Carnival cruise we have been on they have stuck us in a booth for 4 and added a chair at the end. Now if you have ever sat in a booth for 4 it is already crowded. And with a chair at the end the waiters are always tripping on the chair and one time my sister had a drink spilled on her. That did it, now when they try that we refuse to sit there and request a table not a booth. Last cruise we had to switch to My Time Dining because they said they didn't have a table for us. Love my Carnival cruises except for this.

Enjoying your review and pics!

Thanks for reading. I'm not usually one to complain unless its something major, but I think if I'm ever in this situation again I will say something.

:) Come back soon! Loving the review with pics!

Thanks for reading!!

nice review!

Thanks!

Great!! I leave on Sunday on the Pride and can't wait!!! Thanks for the review :D

Thanks for reading. Oh how I wish I could go with you, I miss it so much:( If you see Harry from entertainment staff tell him Toast & family said "Hi"

Have a great trip!!!

This is a great review. We are going on the Nov. 30, 2014, last Pride sailing out of Baltimore. We've been on the Miracle and the Legend, sister ships of the Pride, and love the layout.

Your photos are wonderful. I can't wait to read and see more. I don't know how I'm going to wait until our sailing, but I will.

Thank you. My 1st CCL cruise was on the Miracle & love the layout. I'm hoping to sail her again before she leaves.

Me too. We'll be on the Pride for the same sailing. Our 3rd time on the Pride.:)

Thanks for reading, have a great cruise!!

Land Ho!!!

I was up bright & early this morning, as it was the first time I could use my phone & wanted to call my honey before he started his shift at 7am. Also managed to get in a couple of sunrise pictures while I was out. Breakfast today was once again on Lido & still just OK. I didn't have anything really planned for today, so we just headed out to Cocoa Beach for a few hours. Carnival did offer an excursion for $17 pp to the beach & shopping village, but we just took a taxi to the beach for $12 pp roundtrip. I wasn't overly impressed with the beach, but it was nice to get off the ship & explore a new place. Would I go there again? Not 100% sure.

Sidebar…while researching what to do I mentioned Kennedy Space Center & no one seemed interested. While docked at PC you can she KSC & Tiana shows all types of excitement, so I guess that will be an option next time. So after a day in the Florida heat we head back to the ship & back on board around 3ish. I had all intentions of going back to the terminal area because they had free WiFi & upload some pictures to FB, but I sat on the bed & it was a wrap. Next thing I know its time for sail away & dinner, so I opted to watch us sail away & make last minute phone calls.

ry%3D400

PC at dawn

ry%3D400

PC Sunrise

ry%3D400

Disney's terminal...Tiana was disappointed a ship wasn't there

ry%3D400

KSC in the distance

ry%3D400

Launch pad in the distance

There was nothing on the menu tonight that interested Toast so she caught up on some sleep. Now I don't like to show up to dinner late, but timing was not on my side tonight and Tiana & I were about 20 minutes late. Normally I would just skip the MDR & eat on Lido, but it was Bitter & Blanc night and there’s no way I’m missing out on B&B. Well the MDR was basically empty, so I felt a little better about being late. We had ceasar salad, flat iron steak, chicken breast w/mac n cheese, banana split & of course B&B. This was my 1st time in 4 CCL cruises ordering the flat iron steak & I thought it was very good, even though I read many reviews where people hated it. It was so quite today that Jenny was able to come by & made some napkin animals for Tiana. After dinner we posed for some fun portraits & went to karaoke awesome, where Toast sang. At 9:30 it was time for the Deck party, which involved glow sticks & of course lots of line dances. As always it was a good time had by all. Then came the Mexican Buffet, OK but not great. It's midnight, me & Tiana call it a night…I’m sure you know where Toast went.

ry%3D400

Flat iron steak

ry%3D400

Banana Split...MMM

ry%3D400

Bitter & Blanc = DELICIOUS!!!

ry%3D400

Napkin animals

Most people walk in their room to find nice towel animals left by your friendly room steward, but not us!!! In case I forgot to mention my kids are crazy (I swear they don't get it from me:rolleyes:). Tiana travels with her pillow pet Unicorn Horn & Toast with her son Javier (who you'll meet later). Well being loving sisters they don't fight amount each other, but instead through their pets and apparently Javier had enough. This is what we walk into....

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thank goodness Arya doesn't come into the room late night:eek:

Thanks for the review! I'm really enjoying it! We sail her in February. Reading about the laser tag, I'm think my 9 YO son would be in heaven! Do you remember what time it was?

That sailing looks very tempting! I Love St. Thomas and St. Maarten, and have never been to Grand Turk or St. Kitts...hmmmmm...

Thanks for the review! I'm really enjoying it! We sail her in February. Reading about the laser tag, I'm think my 9 YO son would be in heaven! Do you remember what time it was?

That sailing looks very tempting! I Love St. Thomas and St. Maarten, and have never been to Grand Turk or St. Kitts...hmmmmm...

Oh, come on, come on, last chance to sail out of Baltimore. Great ports, prices are good and fly back to BWI on Southwest, hey, can't beat it .

You will LOVE St. Kitts. You can see some photos in my Miracle review.

I'm so looking forward to it. I've wanted to sail the Pride because it is so close to home. We live in Delalware, so it's just a hop, skip and a jump away, but I didn't really like the itineraries. This one is a dream come true.... a Spirit class ship AND all of those great ports ! The balcony prices were $759 for 8 days, five ports, come on, you know you can't resist this one. LOL. besides, we'd love to meet you and your family.

Oh, come on, come on, last chance to sail out of Baltimore. Great ports, prices are good and fly back to BWI on Southwest, hey, can't beat it .

You will LOVE St. Kitts. You can see some photos in my Miracle review.

I'm so looking forward to it. I've wanted to sail the Pride because it is so close to home. We live in Delalware, so it's just a hop, skip and a jump away, but I didn't really like the itineraries. This one is a dream come true.... a Spirit class ship AND all of those great ports ! The balcony prices were $759 for 8 days, five ports, come on, you know you can't resist this one. LOL. besides, we'd love to meet you and your family.

And we'd love to meet you! The biggest issue is school, and do I pull the out for that long? I never gave it a second thought when they were both in elementary, but Middle School is the Real Deal! I will give it some very serious thought! I may see if I can talk some of the rest of the family into it as it really does look like an exceptional itinerary! The flights from San Juan don't look bad either! My DH is a land lubber, so he won't go and convincing him we need to take another cruise might take some work!

I can't wait to see more.....all the food got me hungry.....enjoy.....I never sailed on the Pride but looking to sail next summer for a family vacation

Thanks for reading...its making me hungry too.

Can't wait to meet "Javier", lol.

Thanks for reading, he's coming up next!!

Laser tag was at 11pm & hopefully that's not to late for your son, because he would love it!!! Thanks for reading.

Excellent review! I am on the Pride in February and cannot get enough. Can you tell me more about the French doors? Do they open onto anything like a deck our are they for show only?

Thanks,

Anthony

Thanks. The doors did open but there is a rail right there so you really can't step out to anything & depending on your location you might be looking directly at a lifeboat.

Excellent review! I am on the Pride in February and cannot get enough. Can you tell me more about the French doors? Do they open onto anything like a deck our are they for show only?

Thanks,

Anthony

Which February sailing? We are the 9th. If you are too, come join our roll call!

Laser tag was at 11pm & hopefully that's not to late for your son, because he would love it!!! Thanks for reading.

In real life, it would be, but I'd make an exception on a cruise. The bigger question is if his old mom can stay up that late!! We will have the same cruise director as you did, so hopefully it will be an option!