Making Final Payment early

magnumcoog

AMEX has a promotion going on right now and almost everything purchased is double miles. My final payment is not due until December 15th. If I make final payment now are there any negative issues imposed upon me by making final payment now?

AMEX has a promotion going on right now and almost everything purchased is double miles. My final payment is not due until December 15th. If I make final payment now are there any negative issues imposed upon me by making final payment now?
Only one I can think of is you might not be able to take advantage of a price drop.

Should be nothing negative cruise-wise other than not being able to take advantage of a price drop as another poster said. I paid my final payment several months early so that the money was out of my hands and everything was paid for. TA said its still fully refundable up until the final payment due date, so there was no extra exposure for paying early. I guess you could still cancel and rebook to take advantage of a price drop if your final payment date hasn't arrived, but having the full cruise fare out there may cause you to have to wait until you actually receive the refund to rebook.

Enjoy your cruise!

Is that promo only open to US Card holders? if not then I will pay my 3 remaining for this year as well!

Tony, check the AMEX site. I got info in the mail (snail and email) from Delta. It may only be a Delta promo for their Skymiles Amex card. In any event, the most you can get is a 10,000 bonus. Promo is double miles for all charges posted to the card between July 1st thru August 31st.

Arlene

Thank you! :) I signed up for the double miles on my DL AMEX this morning and didn't even think of this. Just checked and by making my final payment just 6 days early I get the double miles. And based upon the closing date of my AMEX bill, it will not cause me to actually "pay" for it one bit earlier.

One more benefit to this board!

Many thanks to the OP!

This is from the AMEX home page:

Book Your Cruise Online and Earn Double Points

dot_clear.gif

Now you can receive double Membership Rewards® points when you book your cruise online at American Express through October 31, 2005. Search today for great cruise offers at competitive prices and find all the details and support you need right here.

dot_clear.gif

Terms and Conditions

The Terms and Conditions:

Membership Rewards® Program Terms and Conditions

Offer is valid for new online bookings November 1, 2004 through October 31, 2005, with final payment made by October 31, 2005. Airfare, other purchases and arrangements made during your vacation stay, and any charges not included in the cruise vacation are not eligible for bonus points. Cruise sailings purchased through this online booking system are not eligible for the Cruise Privileges Program or the Cardmember Annual Travel Benefit. These programs are available through PTS or your local American Express Travel Services locations. To be eligible to earn points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards Program at the time of purchase and you must charge your cruise vacation on an eligible, enrolled American Express® Card. Bonus Points will be credited to your Program account 10-12 weeks after final payment has been made. The Program annual fee is $40, except as otherwise provided below. There is no fee for the Program for Preferred Rewards Green Card, Preferred Rewards Gold Card, Rewards Plus Gold Card, Centurion® Card, Platinum Card®, Corporate Platinum Card, Business Membership Rewards Card, Business Platinum Card, Business Centurion Card and Fidelity American Express Platinum Card members. The annual fee is $75 for Corporate Cardmembers who enroll only their Corporate Card in the Program or for Corporate Cards with a Lending Card linked to the Membership Rewards account. Linkage fees may apply if you have a Corporate Card or Business Card from OPEN: The Small Business NetworkSM linked to your Membership Rewards account. Some American Express Cards are not eligible for enrollment in the Program. For more information on the Membership Rewards program, visit http://www.americanexpress.com/rewards or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276). Bonus ID-5432

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

There may be other bonuses, but this is one I found.

cheers

Archived