LOST LUGGAGE ** Please help!!!**

Mel&Ken

I looked through some old daily programs and online for the info for Celebrity's port agent in Civitavecchia and couldn't find it, but I did find the info for Princess's port agent. It might be the same and if not they'll know who Celebrity uses:

Ant. Bellettieri and Co.

SRL Largo Plebiscito 23/4

Civitavecchia, Italy 00053

Telephone: 39-0766-5861

hope u get your luggage same thing happen 2 me on 12/22/2013 after 10 days they told me 2 file with my home owners ins 1st I have been getting a run around from RCCL the rep is a piece of crap I lost every thing except impt papers how can they loss luggage from the ship 2 the terminal e-mail me & let me know if u get your luggage fluffi@charter.net

I do the exact same thing. I also put the info in the luggage(usually right on top) in case the tags on the outside disappear.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I had reflecter tape all over my bags u could not miss it unless u were blind

on my bag info inside & outside in a slot

Wow. This has been a very informative read. I applaud Mel & Ken for their tenacity and openness on this issue. The one thing that is crystal clear to me is that we will be taking off our own luggage when we arrive in Venice in July.

As an attorney for a fortune 100 company, I have the following observations:

1. While it is true that the porters are not employees of Celebrity, they are subcontractors/agents of Celebrity. Celebrity has a contractual relationship with the organization providing the porters.

2. Proving negligence on Celebrity would be next to impossible. For all we know, the room attendant threw the bags into the water. If you don't know what happened, how do you prove negligence?

3. Company policies are not black and white and you don't want them to be (although some on the board wants it this way). There are people within an organization who can approve deviations from the policy for economic reasons, goodwill or a litany of other business reasons. Celebrity is a business and not concerned with having uniformity in the enforcement of its policy.

4. It seems that in the case of Mel & Ken, the company made a poor business decision. They are frequent cruisers who spend big dollars on the ship. In all likelihood, they will no longer cruise Celebrity. The cost of replacing them as a customer will be higher than if they had sweetened the pot. This is one rationale why companies will make exceptions to its policies.

Wow. This has been a very informative read. I applaud Mel & Ken for their tenacity and openness on this issue. The one thing that is crystal clear to me is that we will be taking off our own luggage when we arrive in Venice in July.

As an attorney for a fortune 100 company, I have the following observations:

1. While it is true that the porters are not employees of Celebrity, they are subcontractors/agents of Celebrity. Celebrity has a contractual relationship with the organization providing the porters.

2. Proving negligence on Celebrity would be next to impossible. For all we know, the room attendant threw the bags into the water. If you don't know what happened, how do you prove negligence?

3. Company policies are not black and white and you don't want them to be (although some on the board wants it this way). There are people within an organization who can approve deviations from the policy for economic reasons, goodwill or a litany of other business reasons. Celebrity is a business and not concerned with having uniformity in the enforcement of its policy.

4. It seems that in the case of Mel & Ken, the company made a poor business decision. They are frequent cruisers who spend big dollars on the ship. In all likelihood, they will no longer cruise Celebrity. The cost of replacing them as a customer will be higher than if they had sweetened the pot. This is one rationale why companies will make exceptions to its policies.

Your just the one I've been looking for. :) Miami sent our bags to LGA hours earlier than our flight (of course they didn't offer to send us on the earlier flight with our bag) and it was stolen in LGA...it was tracked to LGA. I'm sure it spent hours going around and around the carousel (with a priority tag/making it a bigger mark) before someone walked off with it. We checked the back room and all other Miami carousels and next flights. How much of a pain in the ass are they going to be and any suggestions would be of great help.

IF the bag shows up after the settlement will they give us the option of returning the compensation and getting our bag back? I just want my darn bag back as they will more than likely not cover my expensive face creams, along with having no reciept for a bathing suit that exceeds the $$$ amount claim.

Thanks!

I apologize but I'm not sure from the fact pattern who you are claiming that lost your suitcases. It appears that the airline is at fault and that the claim should be filed with them. If it was a domestic flight, I believe you can collect up to $3300. You would need to file a claim with them and see how the process starts to play out before we get to the point where escalation is required.

I apologize but I'm not sure from the fact pattern who you are claiming that lost your suitcases. It appears that the airline is at fault and that the claim should be filed with them. If it was a domestic flight, I believe you can collect up to $3300. You would need to file a claim with them and see how the process starts to play out before we get to the point where escalation is required.

Thanks!

...and yes, it was the airlines fault.