We used Dion to get us to The Baths

MPH711

That is very upsetting news! How did you find the other people? Did you know about them before or just find them once Dion was a no show?

You really shouldn't get so upset about smaller operators who may or may not reply to you or may or may not show. They obviously aren't as reliable as established operators which isn't surprising news after all that's been documented here).

I would just always be ready to take the ferry as plan B, but here's hoping you find a private operator that is both reliable and safe.

We went with Dion to the Baths on Dec. 26. He was waiting for us exactly where we were told and he had us wait about another 15 minutes for anyone else who might want to come.

There were 10 of us on the boat, which is fast and a great ride. When we arrived at Virgin Gorda we docked at the marina and Dion put us all in a cab to the Baths. We were told that our taxi driver would pick us up at a specified time and bring us back to the marina. All went smoothly. There was no additional charge for the taxi, but we did pay our entrance fee ($3 pp) to the Baths. Upon our return to the boat, Dion had beverages for us during the boat ride back to the pier.

I enjoyed the boat ride a lot, but really did not love the walk down to the beach. No facilities on the beach either, in case anyone was interested.

I enjoyed the boat ride a lot, but really did not love the walk down to the beach. No facilities on the beach either, in case anyone was interested.

Lisa the Poorman's Bar is still on the beach selling refreshments, cameras, and snorkel gear but you're talking about no restrooms on the beach, is that right?

Thanks!

Great idea to take the ferry schedule with you just incase Dion is sick or his boat doesn't start that day. In March of 2012 we were on our way to the ferry when DH met Dion who was looking to fill up his boat. We took a chance with Dion and he with us as he did not ask for payment until he delivered us back to Tortola. It was a perfect day. Our family of 5 loved it.

Lisa the Poorman's Bar is still on the beach selling refreshments, cameras, and snorkel gear but you're talking about no restrooms on the beach, is that right?

Thanks!

I didn't see anything on the beach- restrooms or a bar. We went to Devil's Beach, I believe.

MPH711......Thank you for your info. My husband and I will be on Tortola in March on Jewel, we definitely want to do the Baths but can you tell me after the four hours at the Baths and your brought back to Tortola are there things to do there? Also, if I'm understanding your description of this tour, you actually started at the bottom and were able to go up. This sounds worth it just to get to the Baths before the rush. Thanks for your input.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

MPH711......Thank you for your info. My husband and I will be on Tortola in March on Jewel, we definitely want to do the Baths but can you tell me after the four hours at the Baths and your brought back to Tortola are there things to do there? Also, if I'm understanding your description of this tour, you actually started at the bottom and were able to go up. This sounds worth it just to get to the Baths before the rush. Thanks for your input.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

We were there sailing last April…sigh…would love to go back. The Mad Dog Cafe at the top of the Baths was one of our favourite spots…watch the sandwich stealing chickens though. Take the walk through to Devil's Bay and spend your relaxing time there. Snorkelling was pretty good but the water caressed you and was comfortable even for the non-swimmers. Sigh again.

Margaret