UBP Review on Sky. 9/20/13

carribeansol

I thought I would give you an up dated review of the UBP on the Sky. We sailed on 9/20/13 on the Sky and ordered the UBP package as soon as we walked on the ship. They had a desk set up in Dazzles where you can make dinner reservation, buy wine packages, and purchase the UBP. Vey simple to find and purchase. Turn right when you walk inside the ship and you will run into it. Total price for two......$338.10

We were not turned down for any drink we ordered. We had beer, wine, drink of day, piña Coladas, Martinis, Irish mist, Bailey's, Bloody Mary's, and mimosas. There were plenty more choices but those were our favorites. The list that was linked on a pervious post was accurate.

Ordering drinks was no problem. Every where we went waiters were asking us if we wanted another drink. We only ever showed one card. We easily ordered two drinks at once. Sometimes they would place all four (ours and our friends) drinks on one card. Service was great! Drinks were never watered down, in fact, I was surprised to find floaters on my piña coladas. There was a price difference on the ones with floaters and ones without, but both were covered under the package.

I checked the bill and we were never charged for any drinks we ordered. The drinks were not itemized on the bill, just the charge for the package and any tips we added. We did tip a few waiters extra who went above and beyond to keep our drinks filled.

Let's just say we made money on the deal. My husband is a beer drinker and enjoys irish mist on the rocks. I am an occasional drinker. If I drink 5 glasses of wine a month, that is a lot. We figured we were with friends so I would be drinking more and and my husband would make up the difference. What we found was because we did not worry about money, we ordered things that we wanted but would not usually order. For example, 3 Bailey's on the rocks after dinner and 3 chocolate raspberry Martinis at Cagney's because they were just so good.

We found the drink package worth it for the 3 day cruise. On a 7day with just the two of us and the kids we most likely would not purchase it. I don't think my liver would be able to handle 7 days of that kind of drinking.

I thought I would give you an up dated review of the UBP on the Sky. We sailed on 9/20/13 on the Sky and ordered the UBP package as soon as we walked on the ship. They had a desk set up in Dazzles where you can make dinner reservation, buy wine packages, and purchase the UBP. Vey simple to find and purchase. Turn right when you walk inside the ship and you will run into it. Total price for two......$338.10

We were not turned down for any drink we ordered. We had beer, wine, drink of day, piña Coladas, Martinis, Irish mist, Bailey's, Bloody Mary's, and mimosas. There were plenty more choices but those were our favorites. The list that was linked on a pervious post was accurate.

Ordering drinks was no problem. Every where we went waiters were asking us if we wanted another drink. We only ever showed one card. We easily ordered two drinks at once. Sometimes they would place all four (ours and our friends) drinks on one card. Service was great! Drinks were never watered down, in fact, I was surprised to find floaters on my piña coladas. There was a price difference on the ones with floaters and ones without, but both were covered under the package.

I checked the bill and we were never charged for any drinks we ordered. The drinks were not itemized on the bill, just the charge for the package and any tips we added. We did tip a few waiters extra who went above and beyond to keep our drinks filled.

Let's just say we made money on the deal. My husband is a beer drinker and enjoys irish mist on the rocks. I am an occasional drinker. If I drink 5 glasses of wine a month, that is a lot. We figured we were with friends so I would be drinking more and and my husband would make up the difference. What we found was because we did not worry about money, we ordered things that we wanted but would not usually order. For example, 3 Bailey's on the rocks after dinner and 3 chocolate raspberry Martinis at Cagney's because they were just so good.

We found the drink package worth it for the 3 day cruise. On a 7day with just the two of us and the kids we most likely would not purchase it. I don't think my liver would be able to handle 7 days of that kind of drinking.

Thanks for this review. We will be on the Jewel 10/13 and we both orderd the UBP along with the soda package for the kids. It is nice to hear a positive review of the drink packages. It seems that there has been a negative tone on CC lately and since this is MY first cruise (hubby has been on many), I was feeling that the UBP might be a waste. But when we are on vacation we do like to drink, especially since the kids might be spending some time in the kids club ;)

When we get back from New Orleans on 10/20, I'll try to be quick with writing a review of my experience.

I was almost talked out of purchasing the drink package because of all the negativity. I am glad we did purchase it.

I will say people where already figuring how to cheat the system. Groups of people who were booked in seperate rooms pitched in to purchase the package for one room then shared with everyone. We heard a family talk about only the husband had the drink package. The way they did it..... two rooms, each adult in a seperate room with one minor. The kids got soda package and just Dad got the UBP. They used different credit cards. Now I will say we never saw the Mom drink any alcohol. The conversation was more about she didn't drink and they did not want to pay for two drink packages. I can almost understand what they did. If the Mom was not drinking then why pay for it. The both paying is to keep people from sharing. They were not cheating, they followed NCL rules for the purchase.

I was almost talked out of purchasing the drink package because of all the negativity. I am glad we did purchase it.

I will say people where already figuring how to cheat the system. Groups of people who were booked in seperate rooms pitched in to purchase the package for one room then shared with everyone. We heard a family talk about only the husband had the drink package. The way they did it..... two rooms, each adult in a seperate room with one minor. The kids got soda package and just Dad got the UBP. They used different credit cards. Now I will say we never saw the Mom drink any alcohol. The conversation was more about she didn't drink and they did not want to pay for two drink packages. I can almost understand what they did. If the Mom was not drinking then why pay for it. The both paying is to keep people from sharing. They were not cheating, they followed NCL rules for the purchase.

*sigh*....

Archived