Allure 15Sep2013 (Eastern) Trip Report - Photos, Kids, Excursions, & Compasses

srvdmy4usn

Great review!

I'm curious about the ship time. Does the ship switch to local times or stay on Eastern time? I'm going in a few weeks and was going to meet someone in St. Thomas. The ship is supposed to be there at 10am, but I'm not sure if that's EDT or local time.

Thanks! Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

Great review!

I'm curious about the ship time. Does the ship switch to local times or stay on Eastern time? I'm going in a few weeks and was going to meet someone in St. Thomas. The ship is supposed to be there at 10am, but I'm not sure if that's EDT or local time.

Thanks! Can't wait to read the rest of your review.

The ship will always stay on ships time, in this case EDT.

DAY 3 CRUISE COMPASS & MORE!!!

I have scanned and uploaded every document given for day 3. This includes Cruise Compass, Adventure Ocean, Daily Offers, and Luggage Valet & Airline Check In Form. You can access these documents by clicking

HERE. Feel free to download them for your own use. Once the trip report is over I will condense them into a single daily download, Enjoy.

Good Morning Sea Day! Sea days are my favorite part of cruising. Maybe it is the reminiscing of my days in the Navy, or just time to relax and not have much of an agenda. That being said, they don't make for a very exciting report like the port days do. So, I will supplement with more pictures!We did have a few items on the list today however. First up was the Meet & Mingle and this was going to be followed up by our Roll Call’s Cabin Crawl.

The Meet & Mingle is a Royal Caribbean hosted event that allows Cruise Critic members the opportunity to put a face to the name. Ours was scheduled to be in the Dazzles Lounge at 9:30 AM (If you register for this event you will receive an invitation on the day of boarding. To see an example locate the scanned documents from Day 1). It was a fairly quick process, there were about 140 registered members and I would guess somewhere in the range of 50 or so showed up. There did not seem to be much mingling going on, there were little groups of people scattered throughout the lounge and most everyone was waiting for the raffle. The host of the event talked about a few things around the ship, the history of the allure, and other misc. factoids. He followed that up with a quick raffle for some prizes, my Mom won a print from the art collection. Once the event was over Harold (Eng23) gathered the group of people interested in the Cabin Crawl and shortly after we were on our way up to a Crown Loft!

Crown Loft

DSC_0451_zpsbe0fb160.jpg

DSC_0457_zpsb62eb1f6.jpg

DSC_0460_zpsbf9e81b5.jpg

Central Park Balcony

DSC_0461_zps900929a7.jpg

DSC_0462_zpsd58a9a0a.jpg

Along the Cabin Crawl we saw a wide variety of cabins from a crown loft down to an ocean view window. Since I would have to hit the lottery to afford a Crown Loft I would say my favorite “reasonable” cabin was the Accessible Family Balcony. This was a very large and spacious cabin and the balcony was twice the width of a normal cabin. The area with the bunks was perfect for kids and I could see that as being a great way to travel with 6 people. Using some magic, Mariah & I were able to bring on some items necessary to supply everyone on the cabin crawl with a Kamikaze Shot when they came to our cabin. This of course made the rest of the cabin crawl that much more fun, but it did seem to thin the heard!

After the Cabin Crawl we met up with the kids and decided to tackle the rock wall. We are by no means climbing professionals, but we have been to some climbing gyms back home, so this was not a new experience for us. However, the placement of the rock wall is fantastic. You get a great view as your climbing and they are also a pretty decent size. One thing to note is the use of auto belays. This is a pulley system that allows you to climb and descend without the assistance of a person holding any ropes at the bottom. If you have not used one before it can be a little intimidating, but they are very safe, and work great! Lance and myself are the monkeys of the group and we were able to make it up the wall in a hurry. The rest of the group were not quite up to the challenge, but they all did well and had fun! Lance was given a medal for making it to the top, and my Mom was awarded one as well for her attitude and spirit.

Insider Tip - A great vantage point for photos of the rock wall is the “secret” balcony on deck 12. You can enter the passageway right behind the equipment desk for the rock wall and then take the elevator or stairs up.

After finishing up with the rock wall, a stroll through The Boardwalk revealed some special guests from Adventure Ocean. I am not really sure how the whole Dreamworks theme meshes with Superman and Batman, but they were there with games for the kids, and they were hilarious! It made for some great photos.

The rest of the day was filled with poolside activities. The kids absolutely loved the whirlpool in the H2O Zone, and of course the unlimited free ice cream cones!

During dinner tonight the crew performed one of the famous serenades, getting everyone in the dining room to wave their napkins and cheer. Or waiter was the star of the show with a solid display of poise and balance. The meal itself was fantastic once again, the roasted garlic soup was amazing!

After Dinner the kids were off to Adventure Ocean again. We had explained to them that we had an early morning tomorrow because of an excursion to snorkel with sea turtles, because of this, after Adventure Ocean it was going to be bed time. Once the kids were in bed we made our nightly visit to Fe in the Viking Crown Lounge and then went to the comedy show. This is an adults only event and requires a reservation. It is a very small venue and popular as well. If you intend on catching this show I highly recommend a reservation. The comedians we had were great, the material was current, funny, and appealed to just about any demographic. It was also nice that neither one of them focused on cruising jokes, this happens a lot with cruise ship comedy shows.

Up Next: Night Time Beauty...A photo shoot of The Allure

The Allure of the Seas is a beautiful ship in every way, but my favorite is the way she looks at night. After the comedy show I decided to take a stroll from the top of the ship and work my way down, taking pictures of things I found interesting on my way. There are a ton of pictures around on the internet, especially here on Cruise Critic, but hopefully my perspective will offer something new.

Because there are so many I will post a few this morning and a few more later this afternoon.

DSC_0666_zps494add32.jpg

DSC_0672_zps13636048.jpg

DSC_0001_zpse32b188c.jpg

DSC_0003_zps65fb10f8.jpg

DSC_0005_zps9b990b05.jpg

DSC_0006_zps70718679.jpg

What was up with the Batman and Superman? Loving your review and your pictures. Can't wait to see the ship in person in 51 days!!!!

The Batman and Superman were hilarious. It really made no sense to me how they tie into the Dreamworks characters, I am not even sure I understand how they could get the licensing for them. Apparently the kids club, Adventure Ocean, has some of their employees dress up for the kids. They bring games down to The Boardwalk area (giant chess, checkers, ring toss, etc.) and then hand out prizes to kids who participate. The greatest part was the way they would keep their character while walking around, and the ride on the carousel was classic!

Thanks for reading along, let me know if you have any more questions.

I am LOVING your review!! I am (not very patiently :rolleyes:) counting the days to our next cruise on ALLURE!!! Love the pictures!!!

Lucky! I want to go back!

Wonderful photos and commentary!

Thanks so much!

No, thank you!

Edited by srvdmy4usn

Just went through the entire review this afternoon.....what an enjoyable read and the pictures are so very good. Thanks for taking the time. :) I only wish I could have continued on...not done yet, but I'll be following.

Going on Allure next September. :D

Just went through the entire review this afternoon.....what an enjoyable read and the pictures are so very good. Thanks for taking the time. :) I only wish I could have continued on...not done yet, but I'll be following.

Going on Allure next September. :D

Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed so far!

You have taken some beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing and I know your children will be speaking of this vacation for a very long time.

Thank you, and I sure hope this is one they will never forget. We had a great time and really created some lasting memories!