One night inaugural

Nextholiday?

If you are talking about the Jan 13th 2014 1 night cruise on Getaway, it is listed as leaving Rotterdam Netherlands at 5pm and arriving in Southampton London at 10am. I assume they would start boarding midday as the all aboard is two hours prior, and it would take at least two hours to get everyone off in the morning (plus they may not start disembarkation until two hours after they arrive), but maybe someone would have that info who has booked. So, it is more time on board that is seems, possibly 24 hours.

Only way I'd do that is if I lived in London, but then, I'd probably still do the one night the next night that is round trip London (which is listed as 5pm to 8am). No way would I fly from the US to Europe to do that, unless combining with another cruise or vacation. A one night cruise is quite the tease too! Its up to you whether being the first is an important thing. I'm happy just going on a ship built in the last few years, which we've only done on 1/3 cruises just as destination was the biggest factor for us. Best wishes.

We did the on-board wander-about on the Breakaway when it was docked in Southampton. We saw lots but only got to experience the MDR lunch (excellent NY strip steak BTW). With this one-nighter (14 Jan) at least we will get to experience some things 'in action' - what we choose to do is the big question now...

Archived