Brilliance of the Seas - Junior Suite Question

Hi All,

We are considering a cruise out of Tampa on Brilliance and have been told that the Junior Suites that are available are "obstructed views." Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly how obstructed we're talking? Are there balconies? We've never sailed RCI before so any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and happy sailing!

Hi All,

We are considering a cruise out of Tampa on Brilliance and have been told that the Junior Suites that are available are "obstructed views." Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly how obstructed we're talking? Are there balconies? We've never sailed RCI before so any info would be greatly appreciated!

If you are referring to 1098 and 1598, those have balconies and the obstruction is some sort of washing apparatus that is normally stowed towards the aft end of the balcony.

Hi All,

Here are pictures of Radiance who is an identical twin to Brilliance. As Bob has said, if 1598 and 1098 are the only cabins available, you can see from the pictures below the ladder that is used when doing deck work.

The balconies for 1598 and 1098 are the same width as other JS cabins, but half of it is covered by the infrastructure of the ship.

Starboard Aft

starboardaftradiance1qq.jpg

AFT Port

portaft8yf.jpg

Here are pictures of Radiance who is an identical twin to Brilliance. As Bob has said, if 1598 and 1098 are the only cabins available, you can see from the pictures below the ladder that is used when doing deck work.

The balconies for 1598 and 1098 are the same width as other JS cabins, but half of it is covered by the infrastructure of the ship.

Thanks for this Patti. I see it's the ship superstructure that is the obstruction for 1598 and 1098, not the ladder thing I mentioned.

I told you I would miss you!

It doesn't obstruct your view AT ALL! I was in one of those cabins, and worried myself silly...for nothing!

The ladder/platform is above your head (yes...there is a platform and ladder!)....you'll see it, but it's not in your way at all....AND..here's a HUGE plus...there is an enclosed space to the rear of your balcony, with room for a lounger! It was a GREAT napping spot!

So...your balcony is larger than the other JS's, you'll have a lounger that the others don't, and it's fine!

It is, however, a god-awful long walk! Those are some looooooong hallways!

Archived